Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Lil Wayne Ready To Quit Rap, "'Carter IV' Might Be My Last One"

Grammy-winning rapper Lil Wayne seems interested in making fans miss him in the literal sense by hinting at plans to have his forthcoming Tha Carter IV album be his final stop as an emcee.
Based on an excerpt from his XXL July/August cover story, Wayne reveals his motivation to retire early.
The Young Money leader also revealed to XXL that he plans to retire soon and hints at C4 possibly being his last offering. "I'm bowing out still on top," he says. "I'ma make y'all want me when I retire. I'ma make y'all be like, 'Nooo!' I ain't leaving out this b*tch when y'all be like, 'Yeah, it's about time, dawg.' Carter IV might be my last one. I'ma make y'all be like, 'F*ck!' Yeah, n*gga, I'm gone." (XXL Mag)
Weezy also said his kids are ultimately fueling his retirement plans.
Wayne saying being a good father to his children would be the cause for a retirement. "Honestly, this is the real truth," he says. "I honestly think it's unfair to my kids. I'm super dedicated into what I do. Like, it's no questions--it's hands down, I do this. I live this. I don't have a day out my week that I do something else. I do this every day of my life, and I'm not about to stop, 'cause that's the only way you can succeed in this business, is to do it the way I do it. I want to succeed the way I want to succeed. You can succeed. You can put out a hit... But to do it the way I want to do it, to be comfortable to do what the f*ck I want to do, you've got to work like no other. Like I said, it's unfair to my kids. So about 30, 31, 32, I gotta get ready." (XXL Mag)
Last March, Wayne promised he would retire before any of his Young Money artists.
"I would say me, I'll be the first to retire," Wayne told radio host Angie Martinez when asked who would be the first to retire inYoung Money. "I'm gone at like 35. I promise, I'm retiring early. Nah, I'm serious... I have four kids and I would feel selfish not to at that age. At 35, I would feel selfish still going to the studio when it's such a vital point in their lives, not to be there. That would be very selfish of me. This is a solid plan and I stick with my plans. I'm gonna be a dad, a full-time dad." (Hot 97)
In 2009, Wayne hinted at rap retirement and his desire to own a sports team.
"I always said I ain't wanna do this no more after 35, I ain't wanna do it no more," Wayne revealed in an interview with radio personality Tim Westwood. "So any time before 30 and 35, I might give it up. [But now] I gotta work as hard as I can so I ain't gotta look back. [When I retire, I'll] do something else, I'm gonna retire from this and probably jump into some ownership of some sports team or you know, I'm very heavy into sports. Any sport. [I'd want ownership] of the team. It doesn't matter, it could be basketball, it could be baseball, of course it wouldn't be baseball, there's too much money to own that, but it could be basketball or football, it wouldn't matter. I could buy into a baseball team with someone." ("Tim Westwood TV")

No comments:

Post a Comment