The Based God recounts how he initially hooked up with the Young Money leader.
As one of two featured artists on Lil Wayne’s latest mixtape Sorry 4 the Wait
“He put us two together, me and Wayne, because he knew I had dumb-ass respect and major love for Wayne," he said. "A lot of people say that I'm like him, and I take that as a compliment. It was crazy to see how Wayne embraced me, how he really respect my music [as] an artist.
"I was nervous, and I don't even get nervous about nothing, but I was nervous with that boy Wayne in that motherfucker," he continued. "It was a good nervous, because it was like, 'Man, I really made it.' It was a bunch of people in the studio, but Wayne had it for me and him to get on this song, and it was just a real honor."
(hiphopdx)
No comments:
Post a Comment