Monday, January 30, 2012

"Most Of The Phone Calls You Gonna Get Is Just People Asking For Sh*t"

Newly signed Bad Boy Records rapper French Montana recently clarified remarks he made about opting out of joining Kanye West's G.O.O.D. Music due to Ye's no-phones policy.

In French's perspective, he can see why Ye would prefer to work on an e-mail basis rather than chop things up over phone conversations.
"On Angie [Martinez's Hot 97 radio show] when I said Kanye didn't have no phone and they told me I had to email him this and that. That kind of stuck out to me and I think that's some real intelligent sh*t man, 'cause at the end of the day when you wake up--especially when you somebody as big, whatever level you on, most of the phone calls you gonna get is just people asking for sh*t--people just putting you in a bad mood so it f*cks up your whole energy. So, I kind of really respect that. That would be something I would really wanna do but I just can't do it now at this level, cause I still need to be in tune with people and get what I need to get. But I think for a person like him, that's some real clever sh*t." (Complex)
Earlier in the week, Montana said Ye's phone policy pushed him away from inking a G.O.O.D. Music deal.
"I met up with him one time and then I met up with him again. There were things that I was used to 'cause I was already moving. I'm like a money train," he said. "Kanye doesn't have a phone. If you need to get in contact with Kanye, you have to email him. You can't tell me how to do that. I don't know how to use an email, so I guess me and you is never gonna talk. And I'ma put my career in your hands? He's definitely talented and I felt like if I went there, we would have definitely made history." (Hot 97)
Last year, G.O.O.D. Music's Big Sean gave SOHH the inside scoop on Ye's phone phobia.
"Strictly e-mail, man," Sean told SOHH when asked if e-mail was Ye's primary means of contact. "Strictly through e-mail. But when he's with somebody, you gotta call the person he's with. He's a weird guy like that. Shout-out to Kanye. [laughs] He's always been accessible, you know, sometimes it's harder to get into contact with him than other times but he's always there to the people he loves and his fam, he's always there." (SOHH)
Pop star Justin Bieber previously discussed Ye not being phone-friendly.
"[West] reproduced the 'Runaway' joint, and I'm really excited," Bieber said in an interview. "It was amazing -- He's such a cool guy, and he's just really laid back and just nice, and at the end of the day, he's just a nice person...It's funny, because he doesn't even use a phone; he just sends e-mail. It's so crazy. I'm like, 'How can you not use a phone?'" (MTV)

No comments:

Post a Comment