Sunday, April 22, 2012

CAMAY INTERVIEW



What category is your music?

In the past it could have been called street or gangsta rap, but nowadays its more hip hop with blurry lines.

What does it sound like?

To me it sounds like an audio portrait of my life

What does your music mean?

To me its an outlet for my creative energy..

What other ventures are you working on?

I'm working with writers to finish a screen play for an indie film with my music as the soundtrack and storyline.

What are your goals in life?

To create and inspire other creators to the same, to contribute to something bigger than myself, to leave something great behind as my legacy.

What is the rap game missing the most right now?

Diversity. Options. Passion. and I don't mean romance, I mean conviction, love for the art.

Where do you plan on being in the next 5 years?

Alive. Working. With plenty of time for fam.

How do you intend on breaking into mainstream media?

My plan is a consistency. I wouldn't really say my music is for mainstream ears, not that I exclude, but I'm definitely not targeting. There are different levels to success, people think if your not on TV then your not eating. That couldn't be more untrue. I don't want to play by the rules, I make my own rules, playing field, and the referees are the people. If there is a next time the 'majors' and I meet, it will be on my terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment