Friday, March 30, 2012

Nicki Minaj Relives 'Very, Very Strange' Madonna Moment, "I Literally Gasped"


Young Money star Nicki Minaj has discussed hitting the set with pop icon Madonna for their "Give Me All Your Livin" music video and why the experience was so surreal.

Courtesy of an out-take from Minaj's latest Complex magazine feature, the rap star detailed her face time with Madonna.
"When I walked on set and saw Madonna, I literally gasped because I felt like I was looking at Marilyn Monroe and I'm so obsessed with Marilyn Monroe... Like, I have Marilyn Monroe pictures all over my house. When I saw Madonna, she really to me was Marilyn Monroe and it was very surreal because it's like, I almost felt like I was doing a video with my two idols at the same time. It was like, very very strange. She had these distant, sort of like very dreamy eyes like Marilyn, like kind of distant but very there and very in charge--but almost like in their own world. And it was just so surreal, you know, just to walk downstairs and see her standing there. I was just like, Wow." (Miss Info)
Minaj also opened up on what she learned from spending time alongside the iconic pop diva.
"I think that when she started, she was mentally where I am now. Feeling like, "if people would just leave me alone and let me do me, they'll see the great things that I have to offer." Right before I met her, I watched her documentary Truth or Dare, and because of that, I felt so connected to her when we got in the studio. Madonna's the only humongous artist I ever worked with that actually sat with me in the studio." (Miss Info)
This week, footage of Madonna's special birthday kiss to Minaj from December last year, finally hit the net.
Just in time to promote MDNA release day, a behind-the-scenes video showcasing the kiss we heard so much about in December has been released. So, was Madonna's Sapphic smooch with Nicki Minaj on the set of "Give Me All Your Luvin" more escandaloso like her famed kiss with Britney or a letdown like her "who cares" lip lock with Christina? Looks like it was just a simple birthday kiss. Leave it to Nicki Minaj to turn an innocent smooch into full on sex. (A homerun from first base that would be hypocritical of us to chastise!) (Instinct Magazine)
The music duo both graced the stage at last month's Super Bowl XLVI halftime show, along with raptress M.I.A.
Madonna earned praise early on for her half-time performance at the Super Bowl on Sunday night, but it was her guest star M.I.A. who may have stolen the headlines from her by making an obscene gesture during the show. M.I.A, the stage name of the hip-hop performer Maya Arulpragasam, appeared with the rapper Nicki Minaj to sing "Give Me All Your Luvin'," a new Madonna song that was performed during a medley of the Material Girl's hits. At the end of her verse, M.I.A. stopped just short of singing a vulgar lyric and extended her middle finger to the camera. The television broadcast appeared to go blurry just after this, but not in time to obscure the gesture. (New York Time

No comments:

Post a Comment