Friday, May 27, 2011

The Clipse's Malice Announces Name Change, "The Power Of The Tongue Is Life & Death"

The Clipse's Malice has revealed plans to undergo a new rap alias change after realizing his current name does not live up to the lifestyle he wants to represent.
While a name change is imminent, no immediate alterations have taken place as of now.
"I'm not a malicious person, and I don't really like answering to that. I know that people that follow The Clipse or follow my music, they know Malice, so I understand that, I get that," Malice said in an interview. "But you don't want to be under any moniker that's of evil intent, that's not you. I come to more believe that there's so much power in the tongue. The power of the tongue is life and death, so I believe if you are what you fall under whether it's in your subconscious or not. It's just me trying to clean up a little bit. But I haven't thought of that name yet. So Malicious is what it is right now." (Ruby Hornet TV)
Known for changing his moniker from Puff Daddy to P. Diddy, Diddy recently announced plans to go under the new name 'Swag.'
"Check it out, so I decided I'm going to change my name for a week in honor of my comeback," Diddy revealed in a video. "Y'all know I've been known as Puff, Puffy, Puff Daddy, Diddy, P. Diddy, King Combs, earlier it was Sean Combs, and for a week, this week only, call me by my new name, 'Swag.' Check it out. My new name is Swag." (P Twitty TV)
Last year, Young Money's Nicki Minaj announced a new rap alias.
"I've officially changed my name and will only respond....to Roman. Roman Zolanski. Out." (Nicki Minaj's Twitter)
In 2009, Game confirmed speculation about taking "The" off of his moniker.
"It's just Game now, I took the t-h-e off, you know what I'm saying," Game confirmed in an interview. "I'm just coastin' through, day-by-day, somebody got a script, I'ma read it, if it fits me, hopefully I'll get it. I'm just day-by-day right now." (Hip Hollywood)

No comments:

Post a Comment