Friday, May 27, 2011

Wale Wants Props For Lady Gaga's Fame, "I Made Her Whole Career"

Maybach Music Group's Wale recently gave his impression of pop star Lady Gaga's massive success within the music industry and why he is largely responsible for fueling her run.
Wale believes their 2009 "Chillin'" collaboration helped pave a lane for Gaga's current music takeover.
"I made her whole career," Wale said in an interview. In 2009, Gaga appeared on Wale's "Chillin'," the lead single off of his debut album Attention Deficit. Though Gaga had already released her own debut a year earlier, it took some time for The Fame to earn the multiplatinum success it has now, giving Wale the lane to joke about staking claim to her meteoric rise. All jokes aside though, Wale told host Sway that his recording session with Gaga was one that he'd never forget. "It's one of those things; it's a moment that I hold near and dear to me, 'cause she's probably the most famous person in this generation right now," Wale said. "I don't think she'd probably ever get on a rap record again." (RapFix)
Their collaboration landed online in March 2009 and features production from Miami duo Cool & Dre.
Wale is "Chillin'" with Lady GaGa on the lead single from his debut albumAttention: Deficit, due this summer. The D.C. native and "Just Dance" fashionista come together on the Cool & Dre production, which samples "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye." (Rap-Up)
Last year, Akon said he was responsible for helping save Gaga's music career.
"I think what everybody else didn't," Akon said about Gaga. "She had went through like four or five labels. When I closed my deal at Interscope, she was getting dropped that week ... they was dropping her again. I was like 'Yo, I wanna sign that right there.' Jimmy [Iovine] was like 'Yeah, whatever you want, take her. Let's get it done.' She's blossomed into a super-mega star. She's pretty much retired me. She was definitely a blessing. She came at the right moment. I'm glad I believed in her, boy. That goes to show, if you believe in something good -- it will pay off." (Associated Press)
Prior to beginning a jail sentence last fall, rapper T.I. talked about his experience working alongside Gaga.
"Phenomenal talent. Extremely proud [to work with her]," Tip said about Gaga. "She's definitely that good. She knows what she's doing. She knows exactly what she wants people to think and say. She does everything that she needs to be done to ensure it happens...We gonna go back in and record some more songs...But the one we have right now is entitled 'Lick It.' I think we both have a tendency to shock the world in a lot of different ways." (MTV)


WALE .....COME ON DAWG!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment