Friday, July 20, 2012

Fabolous Reveals His Top 5 Current Must-Have's: "Rolex, Pinky Ring & Cross Are My Initial Set-Ups"


Grammy-nominated rapper Fabolous has always been known for "killing" the competition and recently revealed his top five current must-have clothing accessories.

Loso revealed his top three items are jewelry, shades and Jordan sneakers.
"I would say my Rolex, my pinky ring, and my cross are my initial set-ups. A grown man keeps a good watch on his wrist. It's appropriate," Fab said. "I like shades. I like the look. Sometimes it plays off of my outfit. Sometimes I just don't want people gazing into my eyes all the time. ... I'm a big fan of the Jordan sneakers. I try to wear a pair that, of course, goes with my outfit. I also like to have an exclusive pair, or an exclusive color, or maybe something that's coming out and I have them before the release date." (Complex)
Keeping up with the summer heat, Fab said tank tops and socks are vital.
"I'm into tank tops right now for the summer. I like the look of it. I think it's been coming back in the last two to three years. I've been cutting the sleeves off my T-shirts a lot. I think a lot of brands are catching on to that wave too. Everybody is starting to put tank tops out. ... This year, my whole slogan on the summer is 'No sleeves and socks.' I like Stance socks." (Complex)
Recently, fellow New York rapper Nas started up a premium lifestyle-oriented site called 12Society to give fans an opportunity to experience his favorite brands.
"To me the 12 Society thing is just people like myself and other people that are involved connecting with the people, giving them some insight on our lifestyle and making the people a part of it," Nas told MTV News on Tuesday. For Nas, the 12 Society experience is an extension of his music. On 1996's "Street Dreams," the Nasty one rapped about his David Robinson Nike sneakers, Guess jeans and Clarks Wallabee moccasins; it was like a lyrical fashion tutorial. It's a style that Nas still employs. On "The Don," he name-drops high-end brands like Roberto Cavalli as well as his favorite rugged army-green jacket, which he rhymed about on his classic 1994 single "It Ain't Hard to Tell." "It comes from music, it comes from me talking about certain kicks and sneakers I might like," he said. "With 12 Society you don't have to just listen to me talk about a certain shirt, you'll get that. You'll get that delivered to you." (MTV)
Last year, rap mogul Jay-Z launched his Life + Times lifestyle website.
"I started working on it in its various incarnations over a year ago," Hov revealed. "I've thought about it forever. You know how it works, seeing other sites and being either inspired or saying, 'That's sh*t. I would do it like ...' [How do we post content?] Well there is a basic metric for what we cover but, more importantly, I believe it's how we cover it. The DNA is to basically let the subject speak for itself. We don't want to tell you what to think. As far as how personal? I would say it has to pique my interest...I think it's every human's job to inspire others, to feed one another's senses. Inspiration begets inspiration times infinity. Imagine if the person that was inspired to create the phonograph didn't share it with the world." (GOOP)

No comments:

Post a Comment