Monday, July 15, 2013

@sheefymcfly @tnuttsak2 @roweshotme @freshflix THE AIR UP THERE #37 RECAP & #38 COMMERCIAL & RECAP



During TAUT 37 and 38 I collected some goodies for your reading and watching pleasure. First up we have some dope ass footage of both events featuring Royce Fann, Gueringer the 13, Nightmericans & FADED AGENDA. Also exclusive interviews from Gueringer the 13 & J. Fin...watch out for sharks niggas...check the footage and pics below.

Gueringer the 13th

Royce Fann


J FIN

1. Now I get a lot of submissions from artist. Some independent and some consigned by other artists or labels but with your first lp it stood out to me for me not being familiar with the movement... Could you explain your process of making music and what artist are your inspiration.

Just everyday life because alot of stuff is inspired by what I lived through like watch for sharks was based on me dealing with people I don't trust. It was just alotta reflecting on that. Its like even though I don't trust niggas I have to move on.

2. Now obviously your from detroit but what side of town?

I started off in the westside like southfield freeway and schoolcraft then I moved out to southfield . I was living in the suburbs I been a Lil bit of everywhere even like leaving from the crib and going out to school cause I went to a school way out in the boondocks
 
3. Aside from being an artist you also direct videos right. Who all have you directed videos for and how did you jump into that side of the business???

My brother and myself have a film company in the works we do photography. I be directed videos for myself and I did try great lakers with crack killz and manny d and right now I'm working on a video for gueringer's new project. I've always been a visual person and into the visual arts. I've been doing graphic arts since I really first start rapping.
 
4. Is there anything that you wish to address to the fans that will be reading this interview???

Just grab watch out for sharks because I feel like its the best project I've made so far. Everyone say that when they drop but the difference between this project and vice city is that I feel fully reflective in Watch out for Sharks because now I'm to a level where I'm not afraid to make certain types of music. Oh and definitely a shout out to the detroit zuu!!!


Gueringer the 13th

1. Now explain your name I was looking at a previous interview and you were explaining the evolution of Gueringer the 13th from ??? . What caused this growth or evolution? Was it a personal empiphany or feeling the need for something new as an artist???

JG was my nickname since a kid my stepdad gave it to me. My rap name was j.g. But it wasn't original I found other rappers with it online and alot of companies had it like j.g went worth

2. Now a little over a month ago before the release of your latest offering Paris, Japan I seen you performing at the rtf college tour with artist such as crack killz da god .., Chavis chandler etc... I remember you were one of the few artist who got to perform that night before the fire alarm incident., but I remember you rocking the faded penguin beanie and then with the release of the Paris,Japan Lp I see that it was endorsed by faded penguin and available for download or there website. How did you hook up with the faded penguin and explain the benefits of an artist associating themselves with a fashion house??

Well I reached out to faded penguin in 2010 during my first album . They said they didn't want to endorse it but we just kept a close relationship they would post my music and I would retweet different things from their site. By the time the second album it just happenned it was kinda of mutual and it's good for independent artist like me who don't have a co sign so anybody who knows the fashion gets behind it.

3.  You hail from Pontiac Mi ( to those not in the know Pontiac is a city located a couple miles outside of Detroit) which is unique because to my recollection I've never heard of a rapper from yak town making as much noise as you. Do you feel that there is pressure to put your city on your shoulders are your local fans expectations to high???

Yeah Pontiac a small town and alot of people know me from school or the city. It's like one big family that's not a family. So everybody watching whether they support it or not. It is other artist that are out there but there audience is just not mainstream . One below actually and Ro spit is from Pontiac but since his brand is built around Detroit so it's just not known like that. It's other guy named Trig da kid but he claims Detroit because of his company or something. So it's alot of rappers that are known but I feel like I'm the only one independent really reppin Pontiac. One Below is like the only other person but his audience is just not mainstream.

4. During the process of compiling these questions I did a little homework on all three of you (fin, nova, & gueringer) and I got the chance to just back examine the videos that all three of you have out out there.. What I find so interesting is that all three of you have great visuals to your projects. In particular I got to check out grinding and xoxaine.. Those are some very dope videos... how much significance do you place on your videos???

Alot because just like with the faded penguin thing... There important to an artist of my caliber because it brings more fans and its my niche I'm more hands on with my videos I have a vision. So basically when people like the video it makes me know that they feel my vision. Being independent it's like that's all you have for promotion. That's what really put me on. When I did my first video alot of people caught on to it and that's how I first grabbed a fan base.

5. Now with that being said by tonight I've probably seen all three of you perform 2 or three times now. What's interesting abt your music is that it has street content but it gets the party popping and chicks tweaking lol... When you listen to beats what is your selection process like to make the type of music that you do??? Is there like a studio party or you see certain reactions from your staff /crew when certain beats or songs are played??

I pick my beats on my own in a dark room. I have to be in a dark because I have to see if it grabs me. Kanye could produce it but if it doesn't grab me ... When I hear it it's gotta make me create. I have to be in a dark room cause my music drives me from the heart.

6. Is there anything that you wish to address to the fans that will be reading this interview???

I've done the sxsw tour and I did the rtf show and I was at the Sayitainttone listening party and someone saw me and said they seen me perform and asked me to opening up for juicy j and ASAP ferg. It didn't hit me until just recently but I looking forward to that because its in Pontiac.

Gueringer The 13th

@Crackkillzdagod & @KidTef
 

 


#SINTEXART

#SINTEXART

#SINTEXART

 
#SINTEXART


@KidTef x @a_minus313



@ZelooperZ x @KidTef x @KINGJOOKY

@ZelooperZ x @KidTef





@KidTef x @KINGJOOKY





 
 
 
 
 
 
 @sheefymcfly
 

 
Nightmericans Performance 1
 
 
Nightmericans performance 2
 
 
FADED AGENDA performance
 
 

 
 #TAUT 38 RECAP VIDEO
 
 
 
AND OF COURSE ITS GOING DOWN 7/27/13 SAME PLACE SAME TIME!!!!! GET JOOKY BITCHES!!!!!!!!!
 
#TAUT NO 39 at Foot Klan Skate Park (4731 Grand River Detroit, MI) $10 Ladies FREE before 10pm July 27th, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment