Saturday, June 23, 2012

@Nas @iamkelis Dead Presidents? Nas Says Money Didn't Fuel Kelis Divorce ,"It Just Went Wrong In A Lot Of Areas"


Rap veteran Nas recently discussed his publicized 2010 divorce from Kelis and denied speculation suggesting money fueled their break-up.

In addition to the split talk, Nasty Nas also said he still has nothing but love for his ex.
"Money was never a thing. Money is money, it's material. Love is real. Money isn't. At the end of the day, that didn't matter. It wasn't like she came at me like that. The way it came out in public was like that. It just went wrong in a lot of areas," he revealed in an interview. "I still will marry again. If I get hit by that love, I'll still do it again. It's just life. You live and learn and you grow. ... Shout out to Kelis. She's an amazing woman and that's the mother of my child and she's great and everything is good." ("Tim Westwood TV")
A few weeks ago, Nas spoke on his early 2000's attraction toward the fellow New York artist.
"[Did I see a problem immediately?] Yeah, but it was a problem I was attracted to. It was rock and roll. I saw Kelis as Courtney Love--but I also saw her as a mahogany queen. I saw us as a beautiful thing. I saw us as inspiration. People weren't seeing hip-hop artists get married. A lot of people came at me crazy. But I think overall, we were inspiring people to love. ... There was a lot that was thrown at her that she couldn't handle. Like I was saying earlier, there's a lot that I could tell my kids, but they've got to fish it out for themselves. Every night, she was in bed with Harvard. She was sleeping with Harvard. She had all the answers, but I needed something more from her, that she either wasn't ready or didn't know how to provide. Plus, she is younger than me and she hadn't seen all the things I had seen. She was on her journey, I was on mine. In the beginning, I said, "There's parts of this that might not work," but there was a beautiful part of it, too. For the most part, I had a great time being married. It was amazing. She's an amazing woman." (Complex)
Recently, the platinum-selling rapper discussed his decision to put Kelis' wedding dress on the upcoming Life Is Good album cover.
"Life, love, joy, anger, celebration. There's so many things you can see on that album cover. You see my life. My life is on that album cover," he explained in an interview. "It just happened. It happened on its own. It was not a lot of effort at all. ... [Have I heard from Kelis yet?] We just put it out, so it's still way too fresh. ... [Will I hear from her about it?] Eventually at some point." (Rap-Up)
Last year, Kelis spoke on her divorce from the respected hip-hop veteran.
"I'm not a big regret person. I've been divorced, and I can still say I don't regret it," she said in an interview. "I'm a big believer that if a bad situation happens, it is a lesson that needs to be learned, just once. My mom told us that when we hit our thirties we'd feel our most beautiful and sexy and smart, and I really do feel like that." (Showbiz Spy)
Check out Nas' interview below:

No comments:

Post a Comment