Sunday, June 24, 2012

@INTERSCOPEPROMO @IGGYAZALEA @Tip Iggy Azalea Speaks On Choosing Grand Hustle Over Interscope, Hip Hop In Australia & More



Iggy Azalea Speaks On Choosing Grand Hustle Over Interscope, Hip Hop In Australia & More
Iggy Azalea says T.I. approached her the day before she planned on signing with Interscope Records.
During an interview with Power 105.1’s The Breakfast Club, Australian rapper/model Iggy Azalea spoke more in-depth on signing with T.I. and Grand Hustle and choosing not to take her talents to Interscope Records.
According to Iggy Azalea she was approached by T.I. the day before she was to sign with Interscope and after testing the waters with T.I. and Grand Hustle for about a month or so she finally decided to sign with the rapper
“T.I. he actually called my management up and said that he wanted to meet me and have a conversation,” said Iggy Azalea in a video posted on XclusivesZone.net. “And he was in L.A. I was supposed to go sign my deal with Interscope the next day. So my managers were like ‘No harm can come from this right?’ Wrong. So I went and he was like ‘Hey, what do you think about waving the Grand Hustle flag?’ And I said ‘Well who the hell is on Grand Hustle anymore anyway?’ That’s what I said to him…Well, he basically said me, B.o.B, and OMG Girlz…So I said ‘I don’t know, I don’t have an executive producer why don’t you fill in that spot for now and we’ll see.’”
Iggy Azalea explained that although she did choose to sign with T.I. up until a few days ago she was still managed by Interscope. The rapper went on to state that being managed by Interscope became a conflict of interest and that was the reasoning behind choosing new management.
“And when I didn’t sign to Interscope to me that became a conflict of interest because I felt like I wasn’t really a priority anymore…I need somebody that’s just focused on me,” Iggy Azalea explained.
The rapper also touched on not receiving much of a reception from those in Australia where she says Hip Hop becomes “lost” compared to other genres like dance and indie rock.
“I don’t know. I don’t think they love me too much cause I never hear from anybody over there. Rappers aren’t that popular over there. It’s really electronic dance music that’s popular. Indie rock and then rap is really lost,” said the rapper.

No comments:

Post a Comment