Thursday, August 25, 2011

DMX Pushes The Pedal To The Medal, Arrested In Arizona

Former Def Jam rap star DMX was reportedly arrested last night (August 24) in Arizona for violating the speed limit and driving with a suspended license.
Details on X's arrest emerged online Thursday afternoon.
DMX just proved, "Groundhog Day" is more than a movie -- it's a lifestyle for scofflaws. Law enforcement tells TMZ ... the rapper was arrested again, after being pulled over last night in Arizona for driving 102 mph in a 65 zone. And for good measure, Mr. X was driving on a suspended license ... so cops arrested him. He was booked for speeding, reckless driving, and the suspended license -- and has since been released on bond. FYI -- DMX has now been busted 10 times in Maricopa County, AZ. Back in 2008, Sheriff Joe Arpaio famously made the rapper -- along with his fellow Tent City Jail inmates -- sport a pink jumpsuit. (TMZ)
In early August, X revealed his battle with a bi-polar disorder.
The 40-year-old rapper has admitted to suffering from bipolar disorder. He claims he doesn't really know how to separate Earl Simmons from "X." "X, X is the bad guy," DMX argues. "I used to be really clear about who was what and what each characteristics each personality had, but at this point I'm not even sure there is a difference." "I'm Earl when I'm with my children," DMX replied with sad emotion. "I miss my children, I miss my children, I miss my children." Instead of drugs, DMX said music is his fix now. Each day a new beginning. (ABC 15 News)
A few weeks ago, X promised to make a strong return to the music industry.
"I kind of took it back to how I felt on my first album -- the hunger, the energy, the hardness of it," says the 40-year-old rapper (real name: Earl Simmons), who was released from prison on July 19. "I've had a lot of late nights in the studio, getting it in, getting it back to where it's supposed to be," says DMX, whose last album, 2006's "Year of the Dog... Again," has sold 344,000 copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The rapper also notes that the lyrical focus of the album will be "bringing hip-hop back to where it's supposed to be. It's not at a good place right now... [There's] a lot of whack rappers out there. It's too corny." (Billboard)
Having recently spent four years behind bars before making a music comeback, rapper Black Rob talked to SOHH last month about X's return.
"First of all, I just want to tell him I love him, man," Rob told SOHH. "He was one of the reasons why I wanted to go so hard all the time in my music. When I met him, it was like, 'Oh sh*t.' When we were in the cipher, we were going in. You hear me? Like, going in because nobody was backing down. N*ggas was going. Rhyme after rhyme, line after line. When I met him, it was like this is my dude. X used to come pick me up from my crib on 118th. He used to hit me up like, 'Come on downstairs, dog, we getting outta here.' Me and him used to drive around with the dogs in the back of the motherf*cking truck, driving around getting high and doing what we do and the things we loved to do, man. Big shout outs go out to him. I love him to death and I just want him to come on back and maybe he feels like this ain't his calling no more. He's real spiritual. You feel me? Maybe he feels like this ain't his calling no more." (SOHH)

No comments:

Post a Comment