Monday, August 29, 2011

"I Want The Experience Of College But Some People Say I'll Be Hustling Backwards"

Atlanta rapper Soulja Boy Tell Em has hinted at possible plans to step away from the microphone booth, temporarily, in order to get a four year college education under his belt.

Reaching out to his fans, Soulja Boy asked for their opinion on whether he should pursue a college education.
"honestly what do you think about college? is it good is it bad is the system valuable? speak from experience.," he tweeted August 26th.
"I want the experience of college but some people say i'll be hustling backwards because I already made it financially. but..."
"I know people personally who I won't mention (I have my reasons) who went to college 4 years got their degree and today are flat broke."
"is it a good investment? I really need to speak to those people who have experienced college and can speak from real situations. thank you"
"so I guess it all boils down to this.. money or education? you go to school to get a job right? or do yo go to school to get knowledge?" (Soulja Boy Tell Em's Twitter)
Soulja Boy has cleaned himself up lately by removing a portion of his facial tattoos.
"Um, I mean, yeah man it's just like me just reflecting back and looking at it like even when I got them when I first seen the myself in the mirror, it was a little crazy. It was for various reasons, not just one. I took it upon myself. Nobody made me do it. I felt like I didn't need them on my face anymore." (VIBE)
Prior to the rumors eventually getting denied, Soujla Boy had allegedly purchased a $35 million private jet for his 21st birthday last month.
He bought the G5 jet for $35 million. He then spent an additional $20 million to customize the jet with 12 custom Italian leather seats, 4 liquor bars, flat screen TVs, Brazilian hardwood cabinets and a special travertine tiled floor. It was also said that Soulja replaced the in-flight lavatory with a giant, luxurious bathroom. The pimping out was not only done for the inside of the jet, but also for its outside appearance. The "Pretty Boy Swag" rapper allegedly gave his jet a custom paint job to include his logo. (Ace Showbiz)
While his highschool education still remains a mystery, Soulja Boy shot to industry fame at the age of 16 with his debut album, SouljaBoyTellEm.com in 2007.
Before he reached the age of 18, Soulja Boy Tell Em (born DeAndre Way; originally Soulja Boy until copyright issues interfered) was already an ambitious artist and a seasoned businessman, wielding all the hitmaking requirements: producer, live entertainer, and an ability to write catchy hooks. (All Music)

No comments:

Post a Comment