Monday, August 22, 2011

"Lil B Is Killing Me Right Now. He's Got People Thinking I Rap"

Renowned comedian Bill Bellamy has weighed in on West Coast rapper Lil B's "Bill Bellamy" record, admitting both of their audiences and fans are coming together.

For Bill, Lil B's ode record to him is putting younger generations of hip-hop heads up on his brand.
"Lil B is killing me right now. He's got people thinking I rap [laughs]. People thought I had a song out. People were like, 'Is that your son, is that your little brother?' A lot of people don't know Lil B, but then a lot of people do know Lil B," Bellamy explained. "My audience is mixing with his audience and his audience is mixing with mine because a lot of kids that might not know me are young. They're 20, 19 and 7-years-old. Maybe they didn't see all my stuff. They may have seen How to be a Player and that might just be it. They don't know all the other stuff. He has a very, very hip-hop outlet, so I got all these young dudes on my Twitter, like, 'Yo Bill you got felonies now?'[Laughs]" (VIBE)
Along with co-signing the record, Bellamy said he is down to link with Lil B for a remix.
"Like, let's have fun with it; get together be like 'no b*tch, 'I'm' Bill Bellamy!' It would be so funny," he added. "That's how you win. If you're going to really, really do it I said we should do a remix to the video. Let's do it, I don't care. It ain't gonna hurt me at all, especially if it's funny. We could just have all different types of people sayin' they're Bill Bellamy. It'd be hilarious." (VIBE)
On the track, Lil B ties Bellamy's name to a long list of felonies.
"I got one felony, I got two felonies, I got three felonies, I got four felonies, I got five felonies, I got six felonies, I got seven felonies, I got eight felonies, I got nine felonies, b*tch I'm Bill Bellamy." ("Bill Bellamy")
Bellamy is known for his run on "Def Comedy Jam" along with a slew of television shows and movies.
For many years, Bellamy was a staple on MTV, being a VJ and the host of several MTV programs including MTV Jamz and MTV Beach House. He went on to star in a number of movies, including Fled, Love Jones, The Brothers, How to Be a Player, Getting Played and Any Given Sunday. He also appeared on two episodes of the TV show "Kenan and Kel." He also played Skeeter on the Nickelodeon television show "Cousin Skeeter." (Wikipedia)

No comments:

Post a Comment