Friday, April 15, 2011

50 Cent Locks & Loads Up For "War"



Breaking the news via Twitter, 50 said his film project could drop on the same day as his next LP and be a visual representation of his 2009 War Angel.
"I'm writing another movie. Ill put it out the same day as my new album. I started last night," 50 tweeted Thursday (April 14).
"I have two ideas what do you think about a film based on war angel ?"
"I'm gonna make it 10 times better then before I self destruct that was my first time writing and directing" (50 Cent's Twitter)
In summer 2009, 50 said his War Angel mixtape would spark a return to non-commercial rap.
"I think it will change [rappers' direction] when they see the public respond to it in a positive way that'll actually allow them to be creative in different areas again and just do what they want," Fif explained. "It's all by example. When Get Rich Or Die Tryin' came out, everything shifted, because they watching it be the largest debuting album to date. 822,000 copies the first week and then another 800,000 copies the next week, they go, 'Ah man, that's what I wanna do.' And then the other artists start doing their version of 50 Cent, we don't want that but we want them to be able to write their actual story or what they see going on around them." (This Is 50)
He also previously said War Angel extracted a new passion out of him and into the music.
"I'm ambitious," Fif said in an interview. "I don't think I'll ever achieve enough. I'll always be after something or I'll find a new interest or a new passion to establish something else...At this point, I wanted to do something that wasn't commercial, the whole CD pretty much...The guy that's trying to get a record deal right now, he should be writing with very strong passion...Right now, he's in competition with 50 Cent, and I'm writing like I need a record deal. It's tough for him...I can write at that pace and achieve what I want. You won't say there's a lack of quality in [War Angel]." (MTV)

No comments:

Post a Comment