Monday, November 28, 2011

"I Was Fortunate Last Year To Have A Run W/ The Biggest Names In The Game"

Maybach Music Group leader Rick Ross updates fans on his God Forgives, I Don't solo album and why he always delivers quality records in the clutch within his new Billboard cover feature.
Within the cover story, Ricky Rozay explains the importance of making his Teflon Don (2010) follow-up offer the same vibe as a blockbuster flick.
When he needed to deliver guest verses on tracks by Kanye West, DJ Khaled and Lil Wayne, he crushed them, and helped "Devil in a New Dress," "I'm on One" and "John" sell more than 2.1 million cumulative copies, according to SoundScan. "I understand why New York's a huge fan of Derek Jeter -- because in the playoffs he always delivered, he always came through," Ross says. "And that's what it is when it comes to big records, big collaborations. I was fortunate last year to have a run with the biggest names in the game. ... This album is almost like a movie. I wanted [the title] to be something that was extremely emotional, to set up a real roller coaster ride as far as the music and thought process. It sounds like a term of retaliation, and with the picture that I'm painting, it felt perfect." (Billboard Magazine)
Def Jam Senior VP of Marketing Chris Atlas recently confirmed Ross' LP pushback.
"I think we're all aware of his recent health issue, and based on some of the minor setbacks with that, we weren't able to confirm certain opportunities, because he physically wasn't able to deal with certain things at the time," says Atlas. "We want this to be his biggest album -- we know it's going to be his biggest album -- so we did not want to pressure him into releasing an album based on the sake of a date." (Billboard)
Last week, Ricky Rozay hinted at the album possibly missing its scheduled December release.
"The date is still tentative, December 13. [Because of] my little health situation, I had to postpone a lot of my groundwork," Ross said in an interview. "And I feel like that's important for artists like myself. If I wanted to, I'm pretty sure I could still meet that date, but I think for the people, it's more important [to lay groundwork] for when I get out there and look them in the face and touch them hands -- We've just gotta lay ground for it, and I'ma keep y'all updated." (MTV)
Earlier this month, the "Boss" came forward and discussed his multiple seizures.
"On the flight, I had a seizure and when I snapped out of it and they had told me what happened, I'm like, 'You bugging. Call the jet, we finna keep it moving.' ... I felt a little wore out but I felt like I could keep going and that's what it was," Ross told "106 & Park" hosts Terrence J and Rocsi. "I boarded a jet and I had another seizure and when I snapped out of that one, I woke up in front of a doctor and he asked me basically, 'When was the last time you slept eight hours?' And I said it had to have been at least five years. ... I would get two hours of sleep and keep moving -- me being the hustler. That has to stop. I was fortunate enough, the doctor ran a battery of tests on me from cancer, diabetes, HIV, et cetera, et cetera and I came back totally healthy." ("106 & Park")
As things stand, there is no definitive God Forgives, I Don't release date.

No comments:

Post a Comment