Friday, November 25, 2011

"I've Even Lost Relationships Behind Twitter Because I'm So Reckless On There"

Houston's Slim Thug recently opened up about the dangers of Twitter and how despite the social networking tool's popularity, it has ultimately had a negative effect on his own relationships.

Asked about his inclination to post up explicit photos on Twitter, Slim said he feels it unncessary to change for anyone.
"[Laughs] -- I never post pictures out of my own phone, like rarely do I post a naked picture. I might have posted a couple of them, but most of the time, like 90 percent of the time with naked pictures, it's all coming from muthaf*ckers sending it to me," Slim said in an interview. "Different people who follow me might send me a crazy picture, I retweet it and put a crazy face on there. ... It's always been like that. They always send me nasty sh*t and sometimes I might want to do that sh*t, or sometimes I might chill, like if I'm with a girl in a relationship, she'd be in my ear so f*cking much I might not retweet naked pictures as much. But I'll still do it. I've even lost relationships behind Twitter because I'm so reckless on there. I feel like I got to be me, man. If I'm going to be with somebody, they're going to be with me as I am. They ain't going to be changing me to no square or no sh*t. I ain't going to change and not be me. If you can't adapt to that, f*ck it." (Yo Raps)
A few weeks ago, Young Money's Drake described his issues with Twitter.
"I'll tell you, my biggest thing was, I remember, it was on Twitter. I remember the day my mom was getting surgery and someone came on Twitter and they were like, 'Yo, Drake, I hope your mom dies.' You don't really mean that. Like, you know you're going to see something bad. Out of 1000 compliments, it's so crazy. It's basically, like, when you used to sit there as a kid, and want to know what everyone is thinking. That's your superpower. [Twitter is] knowing what everyone is thinking." (The Source)
In October, 50 Cent admitted his addiction to the social network.
"I think it's great. I think it allows you the ability to make a public statement from your telephone," 50 explained when asked about his love for Twitter. "It allows you to reach your base, the people who have interest in your material or what you're doing, at any time -- I think entertainers are supposed to entertain on it versus provide more of their personal lives insight. But, it's cool. Everybody utilizes it differently." (CNN)
In September, Slaughterhouse's Royce Da 5'9 gave SOHH the scoop on co-signing Twitter.
"I have a lotta fun f*ckin' with people on Twitter. It's a good vehicle to show a part of your personality that might not come across in your music. Being that accessible to fans -- I hate callin' them fans -- but being that accesible to people keeps people from treating you like some kind of science project." (SOHH)

No comments:

Post a Comment