Friday, November 25, 2011

T.I. Watches The Throne, Co-Signs ATL's 2 Chainz & Future

Grammy-winning rapper T.I. recently opened up about what new artists are falling on his radar and revealed Jay-Z and Kanye West's Watch the Throne is currently one of his favorite albums of 2011.

Aside from Jay and Yeezy, Tip said he is keeping up with fellow Atlanta rappers like 2 Chainz and Future.
"I like Big Sean, yeah," Tip told DJ Skee in an interview. "I think it's going to be interesting to see and hear what artists like 2 Chainz and Future [make musically] and what they do. It's going to be interesting to see what they do. I like, the records I've heard, I've liked. I liked them. So now I just gotta pay attention and see where they go from here. ... Watch the Throne. I love the Watch the Throne album." (Skee TV)
Recently, Future hit up SOHH and described how he managed to get T.I. on their "Magic" collaboration.
""Magic" was the first record T.I. jumped on when he came outta jail. Like, he was out of jail a day and he jumped straight on the "Magic" record without me even knowing about it. I didn't even know he was gonna get on it, so it was a win-win situation. People around me were saying T.I. said, "Whatever the hottest song is, I wanna get on it!" And he made it happen. It was a good look for all my fans and all his fans, especially because he was able to take it to another level for me." (SOHH Guest Star)
In October, producer Nitti Beatz crowned 2 Chainz SOHH Underrated.
"I think 2 Chainz is a very talented rapper ... he's somebody that's been in the game for a while and by him coming up in theLudacris camp [Disturbing Tha Peace], he's knows how the business is supposed to go. I think [musically] dude is very dangerous right now: Everybody wants that new thing, and to the public, he's got that new [flavor] because everyone knows him as being part of the group, Playaz Circle, but now he's 2 Chainz. I think he's very dangerous and he knows what he's doing. He's finally starting to get his recognition and he's a very smart guy. Very smart guy and passionate about his music. (SOHH Underrated)
A fan of Watch the Throne, Tip recently remixed the album's "N*ggas In Paris" radio single.
A while back the Grand Hustle general mentioned that he might be on Jay-Z and Kanye West's "N*ggas in Paris (Remix)." When asked about the status of that record, T.I. said, "Well, I officially have recorded my verse. And I haven't spoken to 'Ye. I let 'Ye hear it . I think 'Ye let Jay hear it as well. I don't think a determination has been made on whether or not it is going to be official. But if it's not official, it will be unofficial. It will be heard one way or another. I will assure you that." But that's not all. T.I. wants to add his vocals to more songs. "I'm looking for some more records to jump on," he said. "That's what I'm doin' right now. I'm commandeering hit records right now. I'm hijacking hit records. If you got a hit I'm on it." (XXL Mag)

No comments:

Post a Comment