Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Rocsi Finally Breaks Silence On Webbie's Sexual Harassment Incident, "[It Was] Very Vulgar & Disgusting"

"106 & Park" co-host Rocsi Diaz has come forward to finally break her silence on reportedly being sexually harassed by Louisiana rapper Webbie last month.

According to Rocsi, Webbie did, in fact, sexually harass her during an October show taping.
"In any light that a woman feels disrespected, and I have thick skin, but when you're at your job and somebody sexually harasses you in a manner that is very vulgar and disgusting, you know, I have no shame in sticking up for myself and telling you you're improper right now, I'm at work, we're on set, there's children around us, you're really out of line right now" Diaz said. "I think people should more so applaud a woman sticking up for herself and the people around her for sticking up for herself than allowing that kind of behavior to happen. I think that we allow that behavior to happen too much in our society and we don't put light on people being inappropriate." (Nitecap)
Rocsi also spoke on co-host Terrence J sticking up for her and hinted at Webbie's other inappropriate incidents.
"I still am a fan 'cause I'm from New Orleans, I'm from Louisiana and he's from Baton Rouge, I love his music -- but to have someone you were a genuine fan of -- there's a manner in which you speak to people and he disrespected me. Terrence stood up for me, I stood up for myself and the network would not allow anyone to come and disrespect their host in that manner. ... His management and everybody has reached out and been super duper nice and they reached out to me and they apologized. I think that they've had problems with him before. I think if you YouTube him, you can see other interviews where he's been very inappropriate." (Nitecap)
Earlier this month, Webbie flatly denied any sexual misconduct toward Diaz.
"Nothing. You seen the picture," Webbie told hip-hop personality Julia Beverly when asked what he told Rocsi which resulted in Terrence J announcing his ban. "That's what I said -- go look at the picture. He put his own words to that. You know what I'm saying? I'm not saying it in an arrogant way. ... You can't stop me from being black entertainment, man. Not no one person -- you ain't got enough power to call that shot. [What did the BET executives tell me?] They said, 'Ah, don't worry about that, man. Don't worry about that little clown.' But look, I'm trying to calm all that down, Julia, 'cause it got people talking about when they catch that boy outside, they're gonna do [something]. You know, that's how fans is, they're crazy." (Ozone Magazine)
The Baton Rouge rapper also said he still had love for BET despite issues with Terrence J.
"It ain't nothing against me and BET. BET, I love BET, I've been watching BET all my life. I am BET, BET is black entertainment, you know what I'm saying?" Webbie explained in an interview. "That was some personal stuff, you know with Rocsi and Terrence you know, that's his old lady I guess. Go look at the computer, look at the Vibe Magazine and that's what happened...I didn't never know her personally, I just know how we live and where we live and the picture just explains it all. I just say Terrence, get yo h*e man! ... This ain't got nothing to do with the millions of kids that I say stay in school. I make sure to say stay in school." (WGCI)

No comments:

Post a Comment