Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Big Sean Questions Ludacris 'Bada Boom' Tantrum, "It's A Year Later & He's Still Hanging Onto It"

G.O.O.D. Music's Big Sean has waved off Ludacris feud tensions weeks after the Disturbin' Tha Peace leader dropped his "Bada Boom" music video aimed at him and Young Money's Drake.

Talking to radio host DJ Whoo Kid, Big Sean questioned why Luda has just now decided to publicly lash out.
"For me, I'm from Detroit. So when it's real beef, beef ain't safe where I'm from. It's like real dangerous," Sean told Whoo Kid. "I never really considered it no type of beef. I really looked at it as free promotion for me. Especially from something I said over a year ago. I ain't really know people hang onto what other men say that much. ... If somebody says something bad about me, I'm like oh well. But then it's the fact that it's a year later and he's still hanging onto it -- but you know, it's all love. I ain't got nothing against dude at all, for real. I hope he has a great year for real." (Radio Planet TV)
In November, Drake reportedly answered Luda's diss with a subliminal response.
Over the weekend, Drake broke his silence. Sort of. On Saturday (November 19), Drizzy took to Twitter in response to Big Sean's Twitter handle with a fittingly subliminal response to Luda's subliminal diss (the Atlanta rapper didn't name any names in his songs). "@BigSean You awlready know. I wish they'd just let young n*ggas live...respect always," the Young Money rhymer tweeted. (XXL Mag)
A week prior, Big Sean addressed the perception of Luda taking aim at him and Drizzy.
"A lot of people thought Drake made that up and this was new, and Drake was like, 'I could trace that back to Big Sean actually on his mixtape. That's where I first heard it. I think that's where a lot of emcees got it from.' That's what Drake said. So people was telling me, 'This is your flow.' And I'm like, 'Alright -- I'm pretty sure it was done before [Luda] but I'm just saying where it came from now. We talkin' about now -- I'm not trying to debate and say, 'I was the first to do this ever.' I'm just saying that's just where it was between us. So [some interviewers] asked me, 'What's a good example of [the Supa Dupa flow] and what's a bad example of it?' And I think I said [Luda's] 'balloons' line. But I'm telling you this was over a year ago. I can't believe this was something that's been lingering this long -- I don't have no problems with Luda. I didn't even know he cared that much, for a year, to be thinking about what I said in interviews -- I think Luda is the best, I think he's a legend." (KUBE 93)
On "Bada Boom," Luda makes references to the origin of Sean's signature "Supa Dupa" flow.
"I'm the truth in this booth and you n*ggas all h*es," Luda raps. "Counterfeit rappers say I'm stealing they flows, but I can't steal what you never made up b*tch/Y'all some duplicate rap cloning n*ggas/I manufacture you h*es put on your makeup b*tch. ... Let me explain, nothing's been new since Big Daddy Kane/Flows'll get recycled, passed around to different names -- Y'all get a couple hit records, make some noise and have the nerve to start shouting?/Who's gassing 'em?/ ... May not like the way I used it, but you know you ain't invent it, boy/Do your research before you make a claim so bogus that's disrespecting pioneers in the game... 'My Chick Bad' went platinum, still winning motherf*cker!" ("Bada Boom")

No comments:

Post a Comment