Friday, December 30, 2011

Drake Fan Relives Unexpected Karaoke Surprise, "[He] Jumps Up W/ His Bodyguard Behind Him"

After footage of a karaoke singer getting surprised by Young Money star Drake making a surprise cameo during her performance hit the Internet this week, the viral star has come forward to relive the experience.

According to international Kuwait student Dalal a.k.a. Dee, she had no idea Drizzy was at the Saddle Ranch Los Angeles venue.
"I was up there with the mike and the first beats of 'Only Girl in the World' started playing and I said, 'Stop the song! Does anyone here know how to do the Drake part of "What's My Name"?' So I was like, anyone? Anyone? Hello? And decided to just sing it by myself and then boom! Drake jumps up with his bodyguard behind him and was like 'Wait, I thought I was going to do the song with you'" Can you believe it?! Neither can we. "I was like, 'Oh my god, Drake!" Dee tells E! News that, "I just got lost in the moment and thought, 'Whatever happens I don't care.' It was a total Hollywood moment." It seems like the two quickly became friends. After sharing the stage, Dee hung out with the rapper. "I went over to his table and Drake told his bodyguard to let me through. He hugged me and I thanked him for singing with me and told him that it made my day." (E! News)
YouTube footage of the karaoke performance hit the Internet Wednesday (December 28).
Drake was at the right place at the right time to help a fellow karaoker in need. While eating his meal at the Saddle Ranch restaurant in downtown Los Angeles, he decided to help a female fan sing Rihanna's hit single, 'What's My Name?' The best part? A fellow patron was on hand to catch the performance on video. In the clip, the fan (named "Dee") was singing the "Na-Na, what's my name" part when Drizzy came onstage to rap his opening verse on the song. After reciting his rhymes he sat down to watch her finish the rest of the tune. If you listen closely you can also hear an obnoxious dude in the crowd telling her to forget about Drake and come join him at the bar. "Forget that n--a, come over here," he screamed. We didn't know doofuses go to karaoke bars. (Pop Crush)
This comes just weeks after a female Drake fan tattooed his name on her forehead.
Earlier this week, an image of an LA woman with no eyebrows and a huge Drake Tattoo inked across her forehead circulated twitter and the web with no real story behind what the h*ll the lady was thinking. Yes, it's clear that she's a massive Drake fan, but perhaps she took his line in the Rick Ross collab 'Free Spirit', 'Tat my name on you so I know it's real' a little too serious. (Necole Bitchie)
Drizzy later came forward and offered his take on the gesture.
"I have," Drake admitted when asked if he had seen the female fan's tattoo. "I want to meet her and understand what happened. That's cool. I feel you, one hundred percent. That to me is absolutely incredible. I don't even know if you can see it but this girl tattooed 'DRAKE' on her forehead. The guy who tatted it is a f*cking a**hole. I will tell you that. I don't f*ck with that guy. F*ck you to that tat artist by the way because you're an a**hole for real and you should lose your job and you should never do tattoos again and I don't f*ck with you and if I ever see you, I'm gonna f*ck you up. But real sh*t though, I really, really like [it]. I want to talk to this girl and understand it all, you know? It was love. It's surreal. I don't even want to look at it anymore because it's super surreal, you know? Yeah." (Mando Fresko)

No comments:

Post a Comment