Monday, September 26, 2011

Fabolous Talks Past, Present & Future Projects


Fabolous Talks Past, Present & Future Projects
Fab speaks on "Ghetto Fabolous," "Soul Tape" and "Loso's Way II."

It has been ten years since Fabolous dropped his debut, Ghetto Fabolous. The New Yorker recently spoke with XXL about reaching the album's ten year anniversary, his more recent work and his forthcoming projects.

Of this ten year mark, Fab noted that he has great appreciation for the supporters who continue to enjoy his work.

"It’s crazy because that album was my baby, but you don’t come in thinking that you’ll be rapping for 10 years or be around 10 years or people will be loving your music for 10 years. You kind of live nonchalant, kind of just doing your thing, get on, get some money. You never look at trying to achieve longevity, you just want to come in and do your thing right at that moment. I’m one of the few artists that I guess, standing the test of time you know what I’m saying. I’m still here and still making great music and people are still appreciating my music and I’ll continue to make [it] as long as people dig it and appreciate it."

From looking back at his first to looking back at some recent work, Fab then was asked about his Soul Tape project and his concert, allowing him to explain how the concept allowed him to reach more people and why he decided to throw a free show for it.

"...There was appreciation there for There’s No Competition and There’s No Competition 2 but, [with]The Soul Tape, I just seen a very wide range of appreciation and you know I also wanted to do something to show my appreciation. That’s why the show was free and we did it really for people who were actually real fans, you know there’s a lot of just Fabolous fans but, there was a special fanship that went into this mixtape. I wanted to do that for them."

Furthermore, he explained that his upcoming work will feature work from different parts of the map.
"I’m working on Loso’s Way 2. That’s the main focus," he said. "I wanted to come out with the 10-year anniversary, but you know just– I still have to get the beats that I want. I can’t put out an album with the beats that I just got, you know what I’m saying, I got to give ya’ll the quality joints. I got rhymes, I got ideas, you know I’ve had these since Loso’s Way one, but you got to find the right beats to them, so I had to go around and make a couple of trips. I went to L.A., I went to Miami, I went to Atlanta, I went here in New York and you know I think now we got you know the foundation and now we can build on top of that so the album will be out soon."

(hiphopdx)

No comments:

Post a Comment