Friday, September 30, 2011

"People Say Kanye Made Me Famous, I Don't Feel That Way"

Video vixen Amber Rose has opened up about her past relationship with rap star Kanye West and dismissed the often-suggested idea that he launched her into fame.

Comparing Ye's previous relationship with ex-fiancee Alexis Phifer to their own former union, Rose said she is a prime example  why the argument that he made her famous is flawed.
"Kanye was engaged to a girl, he was with a girl for six years," Rose said in an interview. "She went to Fashion Week with him, was photographed everywhere with him, pretty much the same kind of relationship we had, but she didn't become famous. No one cared about her. When people say Kanye made me famous, I don't feel that way. People had an interest in me, and that's not my fault. What do you want me to do?" ("Cipha Sounds & Rosenberg Show")
A few months ago, Phifer spoke out on Rose dissing her in the past.
"I believe that you get what you want out of a situation and Kanye will tell you, that I didn't [want that attention]," she explained. "It's weird. I'll get on the red carpet and over-criticize myself. I don't want that attention. [West's ex-lover Amber Rose] wanted that and that's what she got out of it. But if I want to go to King magazine [Ed Note: This interview was conducted prior to Amber Rose's June 2011 King cover] right now and be in a sexy bathing suit I'm sure I'd generate some type of interest. It's just the decisions you make that put you where you are. She is where she's at because that's where she wants to be and I'm where I'm at because that's where I want to be also." (VIBE)
Last March, the video vixen killed fans' hopes of seeing her reunite with Yeezy.
"No, I don't think so. You know in every relationship you have problems and you try to work through and then sometimes things don't work out. But it was very real for me. I was very much in love. I was with him for two years. We lived together, we traveled the world together, we had a lot of fun together. A lot of reallycool moments...I was the ill b*tch to a rock star." ("Foxxhole Radio")
In August 2010, West confirmed speculation claiming his run with Rose had ended.
"Yeah man, it was an amazing time and it came to an end," West said in an interview with radio host Angie Martinez. "One of the greatest things that she showed me was just to be a nicer person because she was so disconnected from the concept of celebrity when I first met her...A celebrity could be talking to people crazy and everyone's used to it at the label like, 'He's wildin' out. It doesn't matter.' [Amber] be like, 'What?! You just talked to your fans so crazy right now. I'm not even talking to you right now.' ... I grew from that. I think that was the greatest growth that I got from that experience...My goal in life is to really have an amazing woman and have a family, but I think I had to go through these different things to grow...That was a one-off...I'm not trying to dive into anything unless I really, really think that I can marry this person. I look at this person and I say, 'This is how I want my daughter to be.'" ("The Angie Martinez Show")

No comments:

Post a Comment