Tuesday, October 25, 2011

50 Cent Exposes Good & Evil Struggle, "I Had To Write It That Way So I Don't Lose People"

G-Unit leader 50 Cent is still making fans wonder what his forthcoming new LP will have to offer by hinting at a balance of good and evil on the follow-up to 2009's Before I Self Destruct.
Calling the LP a predestined classic, 50 shared his thoughts on its production.
"My new album is epic it defines the struggle between good and evil. There's a bright side and a dark side on it. #SK," he tweeted October 23rd.
"I had to write it that way so I don't lose people. When you see someone say they miss the old 50 know that person hasn't grown with me. #SK" (50 Cent's Twitter)
Last month, 50 said the album was a go and ready to enter the mixing/editing stage.
"I feel like I'm done with the album, I'm going through the mixing process," 50 revealed in an interview. "Music, for me, it marks time. I believe a classic is timing. I haven't made a song that I felt like wasn't up to standard, where you listen to it and say, 'This is garbage.' You just got to be in the mood for it, maybe. The timing might have been bad during the release for some of the actual songs but it's not necessarily a record that you say, 'OK, I can't listen to this. What is this? Turn it off,' because I make all of my music up to standard. If that's the case, the stuff I did for promotional purposes, for free, wouldn't be talked about like it's so good." (Shade 45)
In August, he opened up about his record label, Interscope, and struggles to put the project out through them.
"It's actually my final requirement. My fifth album and the final requirement for Interscope. I had some difficulties with the actual system," 50 explained in an interview. "There are people there that are afraid to lose their job -- they've seen other people get fired. I think they're afraid to make some decisions that need to be made right away, they just sit and look...We've had some conversations communicated to develop plans for different things and it's not actually executed in the time plan that we've created. And I get frustrated and I start doing things, like I put the record out." (MTV UK)
A few weeks prior, the G-Unit General publicly aired out his Interscope frustrations.
"Man I'm not releasing a album i can't believe interscope is this f*cked up right now. I apologize to all my fans.," he tweeted July 27th.
"I will work with other artist on there projects but I will not put out another album. They dropped the ball with me one time to many." (50 Cent's Twitter)

No comments:

Post a Comment