Thursday, October 20, 2011

Lil Wayne Reveals Weed & Syrup Urges, "I Wish I Could Be Back On It"

Grammy-winning rapper Lil Wayne opens up about his past drug use and experiencing cravings in the November issue of GQ Magazine.

Asked about his sobriety, Weezy said he still fights illicit cravings.
"I'm good. I ain't tripping. I'm used to it now. But I was never on heroin or cocaine or Ecstasy or nothing like that. I drank syrup and smoked a lotta weed. I wish I could be back on it. That's how it f*cking feels. [cracking himself up] "How does it feel to be sober?" I'll be like, "It feels f*cked-up." What you want me to say? "It feels great"? No. I was on something that the doctor prescribed. I was ill, and that was helping me...I cannot wait until I get off probation, sweetheart. Not for syrup. No, not for syrup. I stopped syrup May 9 of 2009. But nobody knew. Because I still rapped about it. Because I respect the culture of where it came from. I still rep that sh*t." (GQ Magazine)
In February, Young Money's Nicki Minaj talked about Weezy's life sans drugs.
"Clearer than ever," Minaj said referring to Lil Wayne's state of mind. "It's like talking to him, he's like a new person. Like, um, he's nicer. He's more calm. I don't know. I guess when you're not getting high, it just, you have to deal with reality and I think he likes his reality now. He's really super appreciative and you know, I don't know. The couple times I've seen him, it's just, a joy to be around...He's easier to get along with and easier to talk to, I feel now." (Tim Westwood TV)
A couple years ago, Wayne expressed strong sentiments for select drugs.
"I will stand up for marijuana any day...I have migraines, right, I have migraines that just make me want to kill myself...I do what I want, and I love to smoke. (All Access Grammy Special)
Following last year's jail release for a gun conviction, Wayne was forced to address a 2008 drug possession case which resulted in his current probation.
Lil Wayne has officially checked in with the probation department in Yuma County, Arizona to begin his three year sentence stemming from a drug-filled tour bus incident from 2008. Wayne has been ordered to three years of unsupervised probation and 360 hours of community service -- which he will perform in Miami, where he resides. If Weezy's a good boy -- Yuma officials will drop the felony to a misdemeanor, which could benefit the rapper in the event that he's arrested in the future. It could also help on a job application. (TMZ)

No comments:

Post a Comment