Friday, October 28, 2011

LoLa Monroe Signs With Wiz Khalifa's Taylor Gang Label, Preps Debut Album


LoLa Monroe Signs With Wiz Khalifa's Taylor Gang Label, Preps Debut Album
The D.C. rapstress plans to drop the LP's first single in November.

LoLa Monroe has revealed that she signed to Wiz Khalifa’s Taylor Gang imprint, breaking the news in an interview with Atlanta’s V-103 (via Rap-Up). During the chat, she said that the decision to link with the “Black and Yellow” rapper was based on the fact that their visions aligned.

“We got it in with Taylor Gang. Wwe Taylored now,” she said. “Wiz is like a positive free individual that’s about his business and that matches everything I’ve created on my side. When he reached out, he was like, ‘I feel as though our movements represent the same thing, so I want you to rep Taylor Gang.’ And I agreed, so it’s only right. Plus, out of all the situations that came to me, my business instincts and just the comfort level, I felt it was just the right move with him. He’s a stand-up dude and it just felt right.”

The Washington, D.C. rapstress is currently prepping the release of her debut with plans to drop her new single in November.

(hiphopdx)

No comments:

Post a Comment