Wednesday, October 19, 2011

T.I. Considers Killing The King, "If You Annoint Yourself, You Have Made Yourself A Target"

Grammy-winning rapper T.I. is continuing where he left off last year upon heading to prison by revealing plans to put together an upcoming solo album.
While still in the early stages, Tip has contemplated a few different titles.
"The first of two album titles I'm debating is Kill the King because in all that I've gone through I've observed how people respond to my circumstances, and I always wonder 'Why y'all coming at me like this?' But I thought, 'How do you expect them to act?'" he explains. "Life is a game of chess and the object is to kill the king. If you anoint yourself king, you have made yourself a target. The second one is self-explanatory - Trouble." Keen on reclaiming his Southern hip-hop crown, T.I. has little patience for skeptics who believe his star has dimmed. (Rolling Stone)
Producer Mars recently said he has plans to work on T.I.'s follow-up to last year's No Mercy LP.
"[T.I.] will always be my brother, he'll always be a friend and production partner. I'll always be working with Tip. He's been sitting [in jail] for a year. So I've been thinking about my brother. I have all different types of directions, all types of different stuff." (XXL Mag)
After recently remixing Jay-Z and Kanye West's "N*ggas In Paris," Tip released a new record featuring Pharrell Williams this week.
Here ye, hear ye. T.I. is coming back with a vengeance on his new collaboration with Pharrell. The hip-hop stars go bar for bar on the lyrical street record produced by The Neptunes hitmaker. Tip said he and P have more collabos on the way and revealed the two potential titles for his next album. (Rap-Up)
Tip's last solo album debuted within the Top 5 last year, while he served time behind bars on a probation violation.
Leading the way this week is incarcerated rapper T.I.'s No Mercy which debuted at No. 4, behind Glee Cast's Music: XMas (193,400), Taylor Swift's Speak Now (200,900) and Susan Boyle's The Gift (243,200). According to Nielsen SoundScan, Tip's new album has shoveled out 159,700 records after one week in stores. (SOHH Sales Wrap)

No comments:

Post a Comment