Monday, October 24, 2011

Tyler, The Creator On Justin Bieber: "Shut The F*ck Up So 'I' Can Talk To 'You'"

Odd Future leader Tyler, the Creator may have a steady buzz growing within the entertainment industry but the West Coast emcee reveals how starstruck he became upon meeting pop star Justin Bieber face-to-face earlier this year.

Recalling his first encounter with Biebs last winter, Tyler said he is still determined to make a throwback record with him.
"I met Justin back in February. He's a cool kid and sh--," Tyler told MTV News. "When I got in there, he was talkin' about the 'Yonkers' video and sh--. It was weird, because I was sitting here starstruck, like, 'Oh, f---, it's Bieber. He's asking me questions.' I'm like, 'Shut the f--- up so 'I' can talk to 'you'.' ... I just want to make '90s R&B, like break beats, hard drums with pretty chords and sh--," Tyler said of the type of track he'd make for Justin. "I really want to do that. Like, I be listening to Brandy or the first three Mary J. [Blige] albums and sh-- and Faith [Evans] and Zhané and sh--. That sh-- is awesome." (MTV)
In late February, Tyler posted photos hanging out with Bieber.
One of the weirdest things going on re: Odd Future lately is their utter obsession with Justin Bieber, who they've been trying to court on Twitter for some time. It appears that their efforts paid off: This weekend, Tyler the Creator tweeted some pictures of him hanging with the Biebz. Seriously. The dude behind "Yonkers" is hanging with a dude with that haircut. The funniest part is that Biebs couldn't really Tweet Tyler's Twitter name because of the "f*ck." (Prefix Mag)
Aside from his admiration toward the 17 year-old star, Tyler recently received props courtesy of Grammy-winning rap phenom Lil Wayne.
"I just rock with 'em [Odd Future]. Shout out my man Taco that's my dude," Weezy F. said of OF and member Taco in particular. "I'm just real cool with the homies. Shout out Tyler." While Wayne is surely busy touring, prepping releases for his Young Money collective and recording for his own I Am Not a Human Being 2, the fiery lyricist plans to catch the group while they are out on the road on there current tour. "I'm gonna catch a few of their shows, go check out a few of their shows and stuff," he said. "Shout to OF, Odd Future, Young Money, Cash Money, Wolf Gang." (RapFix)
Not too long ago, rap star Eminem was spotted with Tyler in Ireland.
Bad really met evil when Tyler, the Creator ran into Eminem. The rappers, both no strangers to controversy, recently posed backstage at the Tennent's ViTal music festival in Ireland. It was a dream come true for the Odd Future frontman, who grew up idolizing Slim Shady. "F*ckkkkk O My Atheist God," tweeted Tyler, winner of the Moonman for Best New Artist at the 2011 VMAs. "Goal List Check: I Told Him Relapse Was One Of The Greatest Albums To Me." (Rap-Up)

No comments:

Post a Comment