Monday, October 31, 2011

"I'm Going To Be Honest, I Used To Be Homophobic But That's F*cked Up"

Harlem newcomer A$AP Rocky recently talked about his past views on homosexuality and how he has since overcome being anti-gay and embraced the sexual preference.
A$AP said past negative stereotypes applied to even himself has made him look at life differently.
"I was dating this chick from Czechoslovakia-- is that how you pronounce it? Her dad used to be around the house like, [sings] "Everything is purple." Mind you, this is a rich-a** n*gga with a Bentley, all that sh*t. I've had f*cking corporate white n*ggas come up to me and say, "What's up? I love that sh*t." I live for that, because the black motherf*ckers from Harlem and the Bronx didn't accept us. They thought we were gay. I'm going to be honest with you-- I used to be homophobic, but that's f*cked up. I had to look in the mirror and say, "All the designers I'm wearing are gay." I hear stories about all these industry motherf*ckers who are gay, and I don't know if it's true or not, but that sh*t don't matter. It's so immature." (Pitchfork)
West Coast rapper Game recently opened up about his opinion on the gay community.
"I think there are several rappers that are in the closet and gay, and see those are the type of gay people that -- the only type of gay people that I have a problem with," Game said in an interview. "I don't have a problem with gay people. Like, Beyonce should've said, 'Who run the world? Gays,' because they're everywhere and rightfully so. Do you. It's a free country. Be gay, you can do that. Game don't have a problem with gay people....Game has a problem with people that are pretending not to be gay and are gay because the number one issue with that is that you could be fooling somebody and you could give them AIDS and they can die and so that in the closet sh*t is real scary. So, we've got to get into the real seriousness of it and it's just not fair to other people -- If you gay, just say you gay. Be gay and be proud." (Hot 107.9)
Wu-Tang Clan's Raekwon also previously weighed in on gay rappers.
"My mouth is too small to suck a d*ck," Raekwon added. "How the f*ck do you convert over to do some sh*t like that? How do motherf*ckers get into that sh*t? The males? The females, they gonna do what they do. I ain't gonna front, I can't stand f*cking h*mos. That sh*t is just f*cking disgusting. They can never holla at me. Get the f*ck away from me, immediately." (Shade 45)
Outside of sexual preferences, A$AP officially inked a record deal reportedly worth $3 million with RCA earlier this month.
"I feel great about the new deal; I believe it was destined and with a label like Polo Grounds & RCA behind me I don't see anything stopping us," he said in a statement. "I wanted go with the right partner that can help get a bigger platform to get me and my A$AP crew's music and movement out. I expect to be in the same league as today's most relevant artists, and there are just some things you can't do on your own. The plan is to not only release great music, culture, and style for myself and A$AP worldwide, but to also be the next major artist/exec in thebusiness and make great business men out of my brothers." (Stereo Gum)

No comments:

Post a Comment