Friday, March 25, 2011

Jim Jones On Dipping From VH1 Reality Show, "[It] Was Too Much..."


With his long-time girlfriend Chrissy Lampkin's VH1 reality show "Love & Hip-Hop" generating buzz, SOHH reached out to Dipset's Jim Jones to find out why he turned down an opportunity to have his own starring series.

According to Jimmy, he felt that being the center of a reality show would expose his personal life in a less-than-desired fashion.
"'Love & Hip-Hop' was initially my TV show that [VH1] has been trying to do for about four years now. But for three years prior, they had been trying to get me to do this reality show and they shot a pilot. I wasn't really feeling the pilot, because I felt the camera was too much on me and showing too much of my life as far as Jim Jones is concerned. So we had re-evaluated the situation." (SOHH)
Jim also said he offered VH1 an opportunity to gain his support if they found a way for Chrissy to get her own show.
"My lady had an opportunity to shoot a pilot too, but the pilot she shot kind of fell through and she took interest in the whole reality show thing. So I went over to VH1 and told them if they want me to put my involvement in a TV show, or all of my involvement, they need to do a show behind her and I'll do it. I also said I'd find a way to participate in it to make sure it'll be a success. And that's really how the whole show came together. They went and got Olivia, Emily and the girl Somaya. Then they put them around Chrissy and now you have 'Love & Hip-Hop.' Two episodes in and it's feeling like a sitcom." (SOHH)

No comments:

Post a Comment