Sunday, March 27, 2011

Lil Wayne To Paris Hilton, "At The End Of This Year, I Want To Be Able To Say I Banked $50 Million"



Grammy-winning rapper Lil Wayne sat down with celebrity Paris Hilton to open up about his time in jail, a possible music collaboration and aim to hit $50 million before 2012.

Speaking with Hilton for a feature in Interview Magazine's April issue, Weezy talked about his eight-month jail stint and money-making dream.
"For me it was okay because it just meant that I was alone with my thoughts," said Wayne of his one-month stint in solitary confinement, after being caught with an iPod at Rikers Island last year. The 28-year-old was serving an eight-month sentence after being convicted of criminal possession of a weapon. "There were times when it was pretty tough to be by yourself, and to have no television, no sort of nothing...I was okay. I did fine," said Wayne, who released an album in jail. "At the end of this year, I want to be able to say that I banked $50 million," he said. "Not generated $50 million, but actually banked $50 million.'' (New York Daily News)
Their conversation also led to a possible collaboration being in the works.
The blonde heiress interviewed Wayne for the April issue of Interview magazine, but Weezy was the one who offered his services. "I was gonna ask you, how are you gonna release an album and don't get me on it?" he told Paris, who is prepping her sophomore effort for this summer. "Well, if you would be on the album, then I would be honored," she replied. "That would be the sickest thing. We should get each other's phone numbers so we can call each other after the interview or text or something." It didn't take any convincing for Wayne to jump on board. "Cool. Sounds good," he said before exchanging digits with the socialite. (Rap-Up)

No comments:

Post a Comment