Friday, March 25, 2011

"Nate Dogg's Son Is My Little Brother's Homeboy"



With late hip-hop artist Nate Dogg's funeral set to take place this weekend, SOHH reached out to West Coast rap newcomer YG to find out the impact the crooner had on his life.

Not only is YG a fan of Nate Dogg, the Compton rapper also shares a close relationship with his son.

"I'm a big fan of Nate Dogg," YG told SOHH. "Nate Dogg's son is like my little brother's homeboy, we're cool. So I'm gonna do something for him and when he passed away, I tweeted, "Rest In Peace Nate Dogg" a couple times and everybody re-tweeted it. I grew up listening to Nate Dogg, Snoop Dogg, the whole 213. Nate Dogg is a f*cking legend. And that sh*t is f*cked up but it's life. I've known Nate's son for about two years or so. I used to stay in these apartments out in Long Beach and his son used to stay out over there. He was real cool with my little brother. So I've known him for about two years." (SOHH)
Nate's funeral will take place tomorrow in Los Angeles.
The crooner is tentatively set to be laid to rest this Saturday with a ceremony preceding the event at the Long Beach Airport, which will be open to fans, according to the family friend. The next day, another tentative event is in the works: a memorial benefit at the Los Angeles Convention Center hosted by DJ Quik. (MTV)

No comments:

Post a Comment