Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lil Wayne Gets Pressed, "The Most Bizarre Thing I've Read About Myself Is..."


Grammy-winning rapper Lil Wayne recently opened up about how he deals with the media and the press he receives from various outlets.


According to Wayne, he refrains from reading news updates about himself unless it involves an interview he has done.
"I don't think I've ever Googled myself. [laughs] But I do read some things that . . . I mean, if I know that I was with an interviewer and I kind of figure that he or she got something bad or something good from the interview, then I'll read the piece when it comes out. But other than that, I'd have to have a reason to read it -and, usually, I don't have a reason. So, no, I don't really read too much, because I know you know that they word things the way they want to word them when they put it on paper... The most bizarre thing I've ever read about myself is that I was dead. That was kind of weird to read that I'm dead-mostly because I was reading it." (Interview Magazine)
No stranger to negative press, Wayne recently denied a report claiming he made disrespectful comments toward a darker-skinned woman in Miami earlier this year.
"Rumors or as dumb as the people who believe them. Y'all know I didn't say that sh*t!!!!!," Wayne tweeted Thursday (January 6). (Lil Wayne's Twitter)
Wayne also battled a past rumor claiming he was expecting another child with Young Money member Shanell aka SNL.
"That's a rumor, sweetheart," he said. "No, it's never been a personal thing. As far as us being friends, yeah. That's my friend. Shanell is a great artist and that's it, period. She's a Young Money great artist. I heard a rumor that she was pregnant from me. How could that be? We've never had sex. How could she be pregnant from me? You've got to have sex to be pregnant. That's one of the things you have to do. I don't understand how people's brains work. You know? I'm a really big person. I'm a real superstar. I'm not afraid to tell you or nobody else, you know? I die every week [according to the rumor mill]. I'm in jail right now [according to the rumors]. No, [the questions] bothers you, because you have to actually think if it's true or not and come sit down and ask this dumb a** sh*t. I know you have to feel stupid, because it's like me sitting here and looking at your [brown] hair and asking you, 'Since you dyed your hair green, how do you feel?' Your hair obviously isn't green." (Lil Wayne HQ)

No comments:

Post a Comment