Friday, March 4, 2011

Wondering Where Your Lil Kim Black Friday CD Is?


If you purchased a Lil Kim CD on Valentine’s Day but never received it, no worries…it’s on it’s way. Last night, after Lil Kim’s appearance on MTV’s Rapfix, she tweeted photos of the cd’s packaged and ready to go with the caption “Packing Orders All Night For You Guys”. She also appeared on Ustream later that night for a brief chat with her fans.
During her Rap Fix sit down with Sway, she was asked about the release of Black Friday and why no one had received it yet. “It’s out there. Trust me, we got some treats for all the fans, their gonna be so happy and we even have t-shirts.
Sway also asked Kim why she decided to take the beef with Nicki route on her comeback album and she replied:
Let me put this in a really good way. If somebody smack you…what did your mama tell you to do, if somebody smacks you in the face? [U Smack them Back] You smack them back, that’s the best way I can put it. I don’t know how some people can see it as if I started it. I don’t get that. I was chilling… I was laid back… The shots came my way, what am I suppose to do? What would you do? Put yourself in my shoes.
When she went on Angie Martinez that was it, enough was enough. It’s only so much somebody is going to take. What are you going to do? Then on top of that, you stole my style and just ruined it.
Throwing shots at me and basically not even acknowledging me that you are a fan or that you are idolizing me or whatever it is. That’s a beautiful thing for somebody to envy you and want to be like you. I don’t think it’s anything wrong with that, I think that’s beautiful. But the problem I have is…. love is love and it should be shown in front of the world. And you should also show the person that you admire how much of an influence they may have had on your life. That’s not just in music that’s for anything.
I did an interview recently with this guy and he said to me,”Well you know Kim everybody borrows from everybody.” Yeah, but borrowing is just what it is. If I borrow your scarf, aren’t I supposed to ask you or get permission from you or see if it’s okay? If I just take it then I’m stealing especially if I don’t acknowledge it’s yours. That’s all but that’s not the basis of this situation. With homegirl, it’s deeper than just paying homage. I don’t understand how people say “Well come on, how many times is she suppose to pay homage?” Let’s be real, that is not what this is about. If people do their homework, I did a song with her and Baby. It was suppose to be for Baby’s album but he never put it out on the album that went out. One of the main reasons was because after they put it on iTunes a lot of people were like “Oh, Kim killed it…Kim that,” which I guess it over shadowed her. You know my thing is, you’re gonna get that in the industry; just keep going and do you.
Sway: This feud doesn’t define who you are
Lil Kim: Not at all. In life there are some things you have to do. You have to stand up for yourself or fall for anything. At the end of the day, I have a major fan base to appease. I have my Dancing with the Stars, Hollywood fans then I have my around the way, my hood fans. I’m not abandoning neither one of them.
(Necole Bitchie)

No comments:

Post a Comment