Friday, May 20, 2011

"Lil Wayne's Not Gonna Sign You Just Because You Look Like A Rapper"

[With Young Money continuing to flourish as a leading force within the rap industry, Gudda Gudda sheds light on his role alongside Lil Wayne and why having yet to release a solo album is the least of his worries.]
Everybody on Young Money got their own lane, so there's no room for hate. Everybody is doing their thing and everybody is pretty much getting money. It's enough for everybody out here. Everybody is doing their thing and we all support everybody

As far as what does it take to make it in Young Money, that's more of a Lil Wayne question because he decides who's in at the end of the day. He chooses who to work with and who to sign. But with me being around, I just know that it has to come down to talent. There's got to be some type of talent that's brought to the table.

Lil Wayne's not gonna sign you just because you look like a rapper. At the end of the day, there's got to be some type of talent and some type of good music coming out of you in order to be here. If you got some heat, then hopefully one day you'll be able to come across Wayne or somebody in Young Money that could [possibly] present you to Wayne. Maybe [a record deal] could happen like that.

I feel like I represent the epitome of the street mixtape artist. I'm not one of those artists that's hellbent on putting out an album. I really don't care. If it happens, it happens. If it don't, it don't. I'm gonna still be me and I'm still gonna get this money. I'm going to keep making my music. That's just my stance with Young Money, focusing on putting out new music, smashing these mixtapes, getting this money and doing what I do.

Carl Lilly, better known by his stage name Gudda Gudda, is a rapper from San Jose, CA who moved to New Orleans when he was a baby. Double G met Lil Wayne when he was young and it was Wayne who encouraged Gudda to start rapping. He was also a part of the rap group called Sqad Up with fellow Young Money members Weezy and T-Streets.

Sohh Exclusive

No comments:

Post a Comment