Friday, May 20, 2011

B.o.B. Packs Up For Another Adventure, "It's All About Timing"

Atlanta rapper B.o.B. is not slowing down after last year's Adventures of Bobby Ray chart-topping release by revealing the progress of a sophomore follow-up.
Although hesitant to reveal the project's title, B.o.B. gave the inside scoop on what the studio process has been like.
"I feel like I'm about halfway through it, and I wouldn't even say because of how many songs I have," said B.o.B in an interview. "It's kinda like as an artist you absorb, it's like a sponge, you absorb it and then you gotta give it back out. I still feel like I got more to put out. I got more to say. So I can record songs all day, but until I get everything out that I want to say, that's pretty much what the wait is...I feel like it's all about timing -- It's the right timing and I haven't revealed the name of the album yet, but I've been working on this since before The Adventures of Bobby Ray, so it's a real special project." (MTV)
The rapper's debut landed atop its competition in May 2010.
As expected, fans of the XXL Freshman alum picked up 84,200 copies of his new disc over the last week, according to the Nielsen SoundScan. The rapper/multi-instrumentalist currently has both the No. 1 album and No. 1 song ("Nothin' On You") in the country. His second single, "Airplanes," is currently working its way up the charts--landing at the No. 9 spot just last week. (XXL Mag)
Following its debut, Bobby Ray shared his reaction to toppling the competition.
"To have a number one album is definitely unexpected," B.o.B. said about his debut's chart placement. "I was really hoping, just to have people buy it and that it was going to be in the stores. It's crazy because is it going to be in 'all' the stores? We went to the Best Buys, the Targets, just bought up the whole shelf. We even took the little barcode thing on the shelf that they label the shelf with, so it was a good time." (Hip Hollywood)
His Atlantic Records album featured guest appearances from T.I., Eminem, Bruno Mars and Hayley Williams.
"Don't Let Me Fall" "Nothin' On You" (featuring Bruno Mars) - 4:30 "Past My Shades" (featuring Lupe Fiasco) "Airplanes" (featuring Hayley Williams) "Bet I" (featuring T.I. and Playboy Tre) - 4:14 "Satellite" "Ghost in the Machine" "The Kids" (featuring Janelle Monae) "Magic" (featuring Rivers Cuomo) "Fame" "Lovelier Than You" "5th Dimension" (featuring T.I. & Ricco Barrino) "Airplanes (Part II)" (featuring Eminem and Hayley Williams) (Adventures of Bobby Ray)

No comments:

Post a Comment