Sunday, May 22, 2011

Nas Still Out For Presidents To Represent Him, "Where Is Bush?"

Rap veteran Nas recently opened up about this month's slaying of Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden and why former President George W. Bush is no where to be found.

The Queens, New York rapper believes Bush should offer more support to current United States President Barack Obama.
"Where is Bush? We should see more George Bush, right now. He should be talking more. He should be standing next to Barack more. He should just be talking to the American people that he was once "leading." I don't hear anything. It's like someone who got away with something and doesn't want to show his face anymore. Or is it just that it's just no joke being a President and he needs a long vacation right now? He's staying away from cameras. But the bin Laden situation... I kind of would like to hear what he'd [Bush] have to say about it." (The Juice)
Last week, Jadakiss shed light on Osama Bin Laden's death.
"I'm not personally celebrating, but if that's what the families of the loved ones and the victims who died in 9/11 needed for closure, I understand that. That's understandable. I'm ready to see what's going on with the next round of the NBA playoffs. I'm not a politician; I don't really get into that. I have family and friends that are Muslims and I'm happy for those that are happy for those that couldn't sleep and now they're able to rest and exhale and get on with their lives. May the Lord bless them." (VIBE)
West Coast rapper Lil B received some backlash after hitting up Twitter and saying he would not celebrate Bin Laden's death.
"First thing, I haven't been too informed on the Osama Bin Laden situation," Lil B admitted. "When I like to get information, I like to have 100 percent truth...Like before I even say something, I like to know what I'm talking about. With Osama, first, I wasn't looking. I mean, I haven't really been paying attention to it. I wanted to know what drove Osama Bin Laden to feel this way. Just the person that I am, I like to sometimes take a deep breath and assess before I judge. If somebody, and god bless everyone on 9/11, if somebody hurt my family like that for no reason. I don't know if that was Osama. Whoever is watching this that really knows the truth, I want somebody to tell me what really went on. I can't celebrate. I don't support violence at all, I don't support war." (MTV)
Reports of his murder landed on the Internet May 1st.
Al-Qaeda founder and leader Osama Bin Laden is dead, according to US media reports citing officials. The US is in possession of Bin Laden's body, the reports say. President Barack Obama is due to make a statement shortly. Mr Bin Laden is top of the US most wanted list. He is accused of being behind a number of atrocities, including the attacks on New York and Washington on 11 September 2001. (BBC News)

No comments:

Post a Comment