Tuesday, May 31, 2011

J. Cole's Kanye West Experiment Delays Roc Nation Single

Roc Nation's J. Cole has come forward to cool fans off who may be upset with him not living up to his word by delivering a new single last week.
According to Cole, the record samples Kanye West, which has caused a delay due to clearances.
"I sampled a Kanye West song, but the problem is, [there's] like five writers that he gave credit to," Cole said in a Ustream broadcast. "When you're clearing a sample, every writer has to be contacted. So you have to contact each and every one of them and get it cleared, so it's tougher than the average one. As soon as it clears, we're puttin' it out. It's perfect for the summer. It's beautiful -- I can't wait 'til y'all hear it and then hear the sample and the original and how I did it. I don't feel like nobody would've thought to flip it like that or even would've heard that part." (Ustream)
Last week, Cole promised to deliver his new record and move forward with the Roc Nation debut album promo.
"We finally married a single and we picked it, so that's next week. There's no more holdup," Cole explained. "As of next week, you'll see me on full-fledged promo mode." (Ms. Drama TV)
Last winter, Cole talked about having to deal with the LP's slow but steady progress.
"Man, I thought my album would've been out right around now. But one thing I've learned in this game is you never know anything. I remember when they gave me the release date of October 26. I was so hyped. But I soon knew that wasn't gonna happen. I haven't even had a consistent three weeks in the studio. I'm blessed enough to be able to go out on the road. I get a good week in the studio but then I'm off for a show. But I still managed to pull off what I think is an incredible album." (RESPECT)
Cole's Roc Nation debut was previously speculated to arrive in stores by the spring.
"The album could be done. If I needed to put it out next week, I would be able to," the Roc Nation rapper said in a November interview. "My expectations were already super high and I think the fans' were too, but now that the mixtape is out and the response is what it is, I kinda want to go back in and do a few more songsthat are that much better, just to boost the level of the album...I think we're looking at a March release date or something around there with the single coming in a couple weeks." (Rap-Up)

No comments:

Post a Comment