Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Pusha T's G.O.O.D. Music Fades To Black

Nearly a year since The Clipse's Pusha T aligned himself with Kanye West's G.O.O.D. Music, the Virginia-bred emcee has finally revealed the projected release date for his solo debut.

Promising more music is still in the works, Pusha discussed plans to drop his first album the day after Thanksgiving.
"We're gonna put out the album on Black Friday, you know what I'm saying," Pusha said in an interview. "Still more music coming, man. You know what I'm saying? We're out here [in Las Vegas] shooting the 'Alone In Vegas' [music] video right now. Long Live The Cane project coming soon as well. Big shout-out to Re-Up Gang, Malice, you know." (DJ Franzen TV)
Earlier this year, Pusha talked to SOHH about how he envisions the concept of the LP.
"The way I want to put out my solo album, those ideas are definitely taking form right now," Pusha told SOHH. "It's just that I want the world to understand that in The Clipse, well, I look at it like this. A lot of people understand the dichotomy with Pusha being more brash, the more wordplay-type one. And then you have my brother, Malice, being the more introspective and more conscious-driven. And it's not that I don't think like that, it's just the fact that we play roles in our group. And we're d*mn good at that. And I'm d*mn good at this. And it's not that I don't have those views, I think I just want the world to get a full 360-degree perspective of myself, my opinions and my mind." (SOHH)
Last year, Pusha expressed his motivation to drop his first solo project.
"We got Re-Up Gang Records, so we're trying to exercise every aspect of putting music out there. The Clipse will definitely be putting more music out. But it only makes sense for us to do solo projects and build a catalog with solo records by ourselves as well as [our artist] Ab Liva...I think I've grown with every Clipse album, but there's an emotional side of Pusha that people need to see. I want people to get a little more in tune with my thought process. A lot of times people hear me and think, 'Wow! That's a dope verse!' but it's way beyond that with me. I want people to understand who I am and get inside my thought process. I think I can do that with a solo project." (VIBE)
In March, Pusha spoke on breaking away from his brother Malice and rolling with G.O.O.D. Music.
"Well I think the Clipse dynamic has always been what it is," Push said in an interview. "I think that Malice has always been the one to dig a lil bit deeper and show a lil bit more perspective in the verses and so on and so forth, regardless of whatever he's talking about. So I don't think that's gonna change much. But like I said, we got a new Clipse album coming too so ya'll gonna see. Y'all gonna see in a minute. I mean, I can't f*ck with him." (XXL Mag)

No comments:

Post a Comment