Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Havoc Searches Deep Into Rap Newcomers, "Definitely Reaching Out [To] Your Wiz Khalifa, Odd Future"

Producer Havoc recently discussed the direction he plans to go with the upcoming Mobb Deep album and revealed an interest in securing some rap newcomers like Odd Future.
While Hav is looking for a refreshing new sound, he is also sticking to his roots with production from longtime friend/producer Alchemist.
"Of course, you're going to have Alchemist to do something on the album," Hav promised in an interview. "There's going to be a couple of features you wouldn't expect on the album. Definitely reaching out to the younger generation. Your Wiz Khalifas, Odd Future, things of that nature. Seriously. Not even just saying that, because those are the names now that have been in talks. I believe we're going to make that happen...We tried to get up with Rick Ross. I'm not going to say that's not going to happen, but we trying. We're trying to do a lot of things." (Hard Knock TV)
Earlier this month, Prodigy updated fans on Mobb Deep's work ethic and aim to put out a new LP.
"Yeah, we working. Me and Hav in the studio every day going hard," Prodigy explained in an interview with Gina Torres. "We're gonna make that crazy [music]. You know, we're not gonna put anything out there that's not crazy because right now it's not a game. We understand the importance of putting something out that's going to stand the test of time...Right now, the only real feature I can say is Nas. So other than that, we keeping it under the hat." (All Hip Hop)
A few weeks ago, Prodigy talked to SOHH about strengthening up his lyrics while serving time behind bars.
"While in jail, I wrote about 210 songs. It's about 20 albums worth of material. Most of them aren't even recorded yet. Since I've been home, [I've recorded] 65 to 70 songs. And then there's brand new stuff that I wrote and recorded after I came home...There was a time where I felt I was slipping a little bit with the lyrics. I started feeling myself a lot and then started getting real lazy. So when I got locked up, I was like, "You know what, I gotta fix this sh*t," because I was headed down the wrong road. And that's not the way I'm trying to go at all." (SOHH Guest Star)
In April, Havoc revealed plans to put out the new Mobb Deep record by late summer.
"I feel that we've been in the business long enough to totally know what to do," he said in an interview. "The whole thing right now is to really capitalize on our talent and what we do instead of having all these major labels take, take, take. We might as well reap the rewards of our success." Havoc said the eight- to 10-song EP, which the group plans to call Mobb Deep, will drop in August and will be the first Mobb Deep project released since Prodigy was released from prison in March. "Sometimes you have to man up and do you your own thing. We can do this. We've been in the game for years, so it's like, 'Let's do it. The time is now.'" (MTV)

No comments:

Post a Comment