Monday, June 27, 2011

Beanie Sigel Clarifies Statements Made About Jay-Z, Claims He Never Apologized

Beanie Sigel Clarifies Statements Made About Jay-Z, Claims He Never Apologized
Beans explains that he never apologized to Hov and that his statements were interpreted wrong.

Beanie Sigel recently clarified his statements regarding his beef with former Roc-A-Fella associate Jay-Z, claiming that he never apologized for anything and that his statements were misconstrued. Speaking with Invasion Radio’s DJ Green Lantern, Beans explained that he has nothing to be sorry for.

“I never made a public apology, I talked to somebody from a magazine, and they brought that issue up. You never hear me say ‘apology.’ What I said was, to stop that interviewer from asking me those questions, and everybody else who asked those questions,” he said. “I felt how I felt and I still feel how I feel. But, just letting it go for everybody else. Hustler’s number one rule is never lose your cool. I broke one of the hustler’s rules. Gangstas fuck up, but at the end of the day, I still feel how the fuck I feel.”

The Philadelphia, Pennsylvania native explained that he was only bigging up Jay for giving him a look, and that his statements were misconstrued. “It was something personal with me. It was just at the end of a look. I don’t want to talk about that no more. I’m off that, I’m past that,” he continued. “Regardless of whatever Jay did wrong, the one thing that he did do that outweighed a lot of things that I thought he didn’t do or could have did or should’ve did was he gave me an opportunity. And a lot of people don’t get those opportunities, and that’s what I said. I ain’t got nothin’ to apologize for.”

The Broad Street Bully is currently working on the follow-up mixtape to 2004’s Public Enemy #1 as well as a new retail album. As for his absence, he says that he had personal business to attend to.

“I think it’s all timing with me. I just had to go back,” he said. “For me, running constantly since I was first came on the business, I never had a chance to sit still. I got kids and everything. I had a couple issues in my life that made me have to sit down, unwillingly, and when I cam home, I had a little paper trail. So just that time for me to be with my kids, I was missing out on a lot of things. I just enjoyed that and got comfortable in that zone.”


(hiphopdx)

No comments:

Post a Comment