Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Uncle Murda Calls The Game Unfair, "What Sounds Worse, Uncle Murda Or The Killers?"

Brooklyn rapper Uncle Murda recently talked about altering his rap alias and why certain retail outlets' politics are biased.

For Murda, he does not understand why rock group The Killers do not face the same pressure that he does.
"It's always been Uncle Murda, but Uncle M was used because [my manager] Chris Lighty got me doing a couple things like Vitaminwater, Coca-Cola -- when it's about that money, I don't mind taking the 'Murda' off," Uncle Murda explained in an interview. "You know it's going to be Uncle Murda -- You got [rock group] The Killers, they got records in Wal-Mart, Target -- what sounds worse, Uncle Murda or The Killers? They both sound bad but I mean, sh*t. If you're gonna let one rock, let the other rock. I just think people think Murda is always talking kill, kill, kill but that's not true. I got other types of music that I make but I don't get a chance to put it out because the situation ain't right and I gotta give the streets what they want." (Rap Radar)
In summer 2009, Uncle Murda talked about changing his rap moniker to "Uncle M".
"It's just about getting me out everywhere," Murda said in an interview. "You'll definitely still get the same hardcore music because that's my life. But you gotta understand, Uncle Murda, well, probably the 'Murda' will never get [to retail stores] that I need. All this will scare the money away just for certain things just when you hear like 'Uncle Murda.' That's me, I done stamped that already...We trying to get some money...The content of music is still going to be the same, you still gonna get Uncle Murda, but we gonna talk to the ladies -- because I do like to have fun. Everything ain't about murder when it comes to me and my life. I'm not shooting or killing 24/7. That's not going down everyday." (Mixtape Monster)
Murda previously said he would make the name change official when ready to hit retail markets.
"When it's time to get that money, it's definitely, Uncle M," Murda said in an interview. "We not gonna let nothing stop the money. You see, the 'm' is for the money, Murda, menage a trois, marijuana, whatever you want. You know, the 'm' covers everything." (True Stories Radio)
Recently, Murda admitted to turning down a possible deal with 50 Cent's G-Unit Records.
"So who comes strolling in the conference room? 50," Murda added. "'Murda what's up?' I'm like, 'What's up?' The way I said it, he could tell a n*gga was [surprised.] He's like, 'I'm not the enemy, man. You know what I'm saying. What, you looking for a record deal?' I'm like, this n*gga trying to hug me up. I'm like, 'Yeah, I'm looking for a record deal not from you though.' He said, 'What? Word? What's up? Why? N*ggas ain't feeling G-Unit?' -- He said, 'Murda, I heard that sh*t you said about me -- it ain't personal though. I did the same thing you did.' But you know what it was? I was on the defensive side because he was trying to paint the picture for me -- with me and 50 sitting down, I was basically like, 'Listen man, I can't be no f*cking G-Unit.' ... He was just like breaking down how much records he sold, how much money, I mean, he was going in." (VIBE)

No comments:

Post a Comment