Tuesday, June 21, 2011

"You Can't Compare Eminem & 50 Cent's Career On Any Level"

G-Unit leader 50 Cent recently opened up about the differences between himself and music stars like Lady Gaga and Eminem, and discussed why his records are harder to place on  Top 40 radio shows' playlists. .
Starting with Gaga, 50 believes her music automatically elevates itself to a pop crowd.
"Her records go to top 40 and crossover radio immediately," 50 explained in an interview. "You can't really compare it to any artist that would be considered a pop artist or a white artist. And I say that openly, because what we consider urban radio or rhythmic radio was referred to as black radio at one point. That right there is something that I am conscious of." (MTV)
While Eminem's music is still considered hip-hop, 50 believes Slim Shady's records are easily acceptable on pop stations.
"You can't compare Eminem and 50 Cent's career on any level," 50 added. "Eminem doesn't know what the inside of Hot 97 looks like. He's never even had to go there. So the top 40 and crossover-radio platforms are detrimental to the success of an Eminem project, and for me to get to the top 40 or crossover space, I have to have music that performs so well on your Hot 97s and Power 106s of the world until it actually goes up to that point." (MTV)
Last year, 50 hinted at plans to switch up his style of music to more uptempo sounds.
"I had this idea, I went to a nightclub, afterparty, and it was a different kind of music going on there a little while before I actually got there. You know they play your music when you come, but the music they played before, they started playing material I created, which was more uptempo, more dance. I wanted to make a song like that so I went to the studio because I'm traveling with my live band, I took the band with me and we sequenced it and recorded the actual record while I was out there." (Most Hated TV 81)
A few days ago, 50 released his new 2Pac-themed single, "Outlaw."
"Outlaw -- first song off of my new album!! check it out nowhttp://ning.it/jwc1dr," he tweeted June 16th.
"#outlaw is hot hate on wack sh*t not this suckers"
"You f*ckin people for got it 2 PAC'S birthday today and you callyour self FAN'S d*mn #outlaw that's what's up"
"You think I dropped #outlaw on 2 PAC'S born day by accident you people don't pay attention I'm on point. Lol"
"Thanks its just a joint not da single RT @Ctech619: @50cent solid new track, great beat, sick flow, can't wait for the cd #releaseitthisyear" (50 Cent's Twitter)

No comments:

Post a Comment