Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Odd Future Says F*ck The Police, "The World Is F*cking Fabricated W/ A Bunch Of Bullsh*t"

Odd Future's Hodgy Beats recently discussed their "F*ck the Police" record and denied speculation of the song being part of a arranged plot to take down law enforcement.
According to Hodgy, the record came together organically and without an initial modus operandi.
"Yeah. I was going through Left Brain's beats and when I got to that one, and I was like, 'D*mn.' He was like, 'Yo, this song should be 'F*ck the Police'.' I started thinking about it, and then I wrote my first verse, and he wrote his verse right there. Later on, Tyler [the Creator] came in and heard the song and was like, 'Yo, I gotta get on that sh*t.' Half the things that happen around Odd Future are pretty random-- just dragged out of thin air. It's not like some big-a** plan to f*ckin' take over the world and all the sh*t that people think it is. The world is f*cking fabricated with a bunch of bullsh*t." (Pitchfork)
Not stopping with police, Hodgy cited multiple problems in today's society.
"I mean television, news, the f*cking food that we consume," he added when asked what specifically is fabricated in the world. "Everything. It's just a f*cking setup. I see it. I'm starting to travel and see the world. You can tell that America does not even f*cking love their people. I'ma move the f*ck out of America, I don't give a f*ck." (Pitchfork)
Last month, Odd Future's Tyler the Creator made headlines after getting arrested in California.
"And F*ck Those Cops. Had Us In Cuffs For No Reason, Didn't Do Sh*t. "Disturbing The Peace, Loitering And Skating Pass A Cop" What The F*ck?," he tweeted Wednesday (May 11).
"They Just Wanted A Reason To F*ck With Us. F*ck It Tho." (Tyler the Creator's Twitter)
Tyler later came forward and cleared up what really went down.
"All me and this dude did was skate past, uh, I guess it was a cop there we skated past," Tyler said in an interview. "And they just came up to us all aggressive like, 'Who are you?' and got out of the car. And I'm like, 'Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Why, why? What do you need?' I know he's grabbing my arm saying, 'Oh, you want to be a tough guy.' When I'm around cops, I get really, really deviant and sarcastic." (Hot 97)

No comments:

Post a Comment