Friday, June 24, 2011

Shawty Lo Confirms 50 Cent's G-Unit Deal Breakdown, "Another Label Could've Offered Me 5 Times What 50 Offered"

Newly signed G-Unit Records artist Shawty Lo has stepped up to confirm 50 Cent's tweets this week claiming they opted out of a 360 deal to make an agreement suitable on both sides.

Shawty said his disinterest in a 360 deal ultimately leaned him toward signing with G-Unit outside of other major record labels.
"I'm just not a believer in a 360 deal. I feel like I can make my own money before I let a label come in a give me a 360 deal," Shawty said in an interview. "You don't have to give me a whole lot of upfront money to do a 360. I don't need that...I just felt like 50 would be the best situation for me, man, because my life story came from where my life story came from: turning a negative into a positive. It feels like it's familiar with 50's life. That's why I ran with him. Another label could've offered me five times what 50 offered me. I just feel like 50 was the perfect opportunity for me." (MTV)
Yesterday, 50 broke down the set-up of Shawty Lo's G-Unit deal.
"Announcement: I have a vision for the music business I worked on this idea for some time now its called 50's new 50/50. @thatsshawtylo," 50 tweeted Wednesday (June 22).
"Is the first to sign the deal. He is the head of his own label D4L records and is now being powered by G-unit. We provide a over head"
"For @thatsshwatylo co. After recouping promo a recording coast which is fairly low he splits all income from records 50/50 no 360."
"@thatsshawtylo has signed the perfect deal for a hustler. Now watch his BANK HEAD GRIND PAY OFF."
"@thatsshawtylo is signing new artist to D4L records hit him up get your music to him now. Who U no puts U on what U no determines if U stay." (50 Cent's Twitter)
Last week, Shawty Lo detailed his deal with G-Unit Records.
"It's just a big movement and I'm promoting me and and my whole team," Lo explained in an interview. " It's about to be a South take over right here. I had a couple of meetings with a lot of labels but our vibe was just so good and I just signed by the X...But I'm a boss too so I didn't sign as an artist. It's D4L/G-Unit. I feel like what he's bringing to the table my previous label should have done and I just needed a little push behind me." (Hip Hop Wired)
In March, the Atlanta rapper revealed a sit down he had with 50.
"I done sat down with about four or five labels and the best situation I think I'd like is, I had a meeting with 50 Cent, G-Unit, and I left New York last Wednesday," Shawty explained in an interview. "We had a good six, seven hour meeting and I think it went well. I just want his attorneys to get with my attorneys and then we'll make it concrete. So you know, stay tuned...I feel like 50 is a hard worker." (Video City TV)

No comments:

Post a Comment