Sunday, April 22, 2012

Lil Wayne Explains Newest Addiction, "I Believe I've Found Myself"

Grammy-winning rapper Lil Wayne recently discussed her love for the skateboarding game and how an initial interest has turned into a full obsession.

With skateboarding, Weezy admitted he has a better grip on who he is as a person.
"Skating has become one of my pure passions, I believe I've found myself," Weezy said. "Let me give it to you this way, I needed something more. When I picked up that [skateboard] deck, I was like I want to skate, I want a ramp on my roof now." (Ace Showbiz)
Last month, Wayne promised to become the best skateboarder alive by next year.
"I promise you, this day, next year, I will be not ten times better, not a hundred times better, not a million times better, but the best," Weezy promised in a video dated March 12th. He's still got a long way to go, but Lil Wayne is taking this skateboarding thing very seriously, and you can see the improvement in this latest video. When Tunechi sets his mind to something, he takes it as far as possible, and this new skating obsession is no different. He even went so far as to build a ramp at his Miami home, and every week we see new footage of him hitting up various skate parks around the country. (Complex)
In February, Wayne opened up on sporting an arm sling as a result of a skateboarding accident.
Lil Wayne has always put his music first, but Weezy's passion for his skateboard may come in a close second. Tunechi was pretty bummed when he learned he had to stay off the ramps for a week after injuring his shoulder in a skateboarding accident at his Miami home. "Unfortunately I was skating and I tried to do an ollie down one of my banks and I tailed out at the end of it," Weezy said in a clip from DJ Scoob Doo's upcoming "The Nino Brown Story" DVD that was given exclusively to MTV News. "I ain't worried about the pain, it hurts like hell but the worst thing is that I couldn't really skate," he said. "I always get injured but I never get an injury where I can't get back on the board. Remember we had the nine stitches? That didn't mean we couldn't skate the next day, so we skated the next day." (MTV)
Not only embraced by the Young Money boss, Wu-Tang Clan's Ghostface Killah recently co-signed skateboarding's hip-hop bond.
"Skateboarding and hip-hop is one and the same. Hip-hop is a way of life. How we walk, dress, talk, how we do things. Y'all say swagger - I'm not using that word because I've been using that sh*t a long time ago, it's just what it is. When we was break dancing, that was hip-hop. Skateboarding, that's still hip-hop. I had a skateboard, too, when I was younger, you know what I mean. It's still hip-hop. We rode bikes, all that sh*t, it is all together. It's a culture, yo. Whether you skiing or whatever, it's all together." (Karmaloop)

No comments:

Post a Comment