Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Wayne Brady Drops Rhymes Over 2Pac, Lil Jon & N.W.A. Beats

Renowned comedian Wayne Brady showed fans he is much more than your average stand-up comedian by dropping a few freestyles this week.

Brady took to the microphone and dropped rhymes over the late Tupac Shakur's "Hail Mary" beat among others.
While Brian McKnight is over there making P*ssy songs, another misjudged star got his freestyle on with Sway In The Morning. To everyone's surprise Wayne Brady came with the rhymes as he spit off the dome over beats by Tupac, Lil Jon, NWA and more. (VIBE)
In his freestyle, Brady focused on simple lines and while also referencing a couple of sexual innuendos.
"Just got off the plane, thank God it's another day," Brady raps, "It's wonderful to be here with my man Sway/Now in Gotham you can see me make jokes -- what am I talking about, man, how can it be/You can't have a stroke and flip up your sexuality/That won't work, man, my heart was breaking/That's like saying you had a cold and woke up like Clay Aiken...." ("Sway in the Morning")
Last September, Brady appeared in R&B singer Lloyd's "Dedication To My Ex" music video.
Retro fashion meet modern vulgarity, computer animation and, for some reason, comedian Wayne Brady in the video for Lloyd's new single. The brand new 'Dedication to My Ex (Miss That)' clip finds Lloyd in vintage soul-man mode, fronting a garage band straight out of 1962. He's got a sharp suit and old-school chrome mic, but as he croons about his lady's infidelity, it's clear he's a product of the hip-hop era. (The Boom Box)
Over the fall, comedian Kevin Hart spoke to SOHH about the bond between rappers and comics.
"I can't speak on [other] comedians in particular because I don't know the relationships that they have," Hart told SOHH when asked about the symmetry between comedians and hip-hop. "I know I have relationships with a lot of entertainers, a lot of the rap artists; the reason being some of them are my friends. I've known them for a long time. A lot of these guys have seen my career grow in small steps. So it's always been love. It's never been a love-hate relationship. [Rappers have always said to me], 'Man, I'm happy for you.' So with those guys, I have their support. I fly to see my friends and they see me. It's definitely a good feeling." (SOHH)
Check out Wayne Brady's freestyle below:

No comments:

Post a Comment