Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Nas Finally Ready To Live The Good Life, Announces Long-Awaited Release Date

New York rap veteran Nas has finally announced the long-awaited release date for his new Life Is Good solo album, revealing it will hit store shelves around mid-summer.

If all goes accordingly, Nasty Nas' latest solo effort will arrive mid-July.
""LIFE IS GOOD" - JULY 17th, 2012!!! #LIFEISGOOD717 http://tmblr.co/ZxeGrvKEULtA," Nas tweeted April 24th.
"#LIFEISGOOD717 #LIFEISGOOD717 #LIFEISGOOD717 #LIFEISGOOD717 #LIFEISGOOD717 #LIFEISGOOD717 #LIFEISGOOD717 #LIFEISGOOD717" (Nas' Twitter)
Last month, the Queens, New York-bred emcee hinted at what fans could expect from the record.
"It's been a long time, it's been years since I released a solo studio album, so this record is everything," he says. "This is everything that I've got to say--I guess you've got to live a little and you put that in your music, so it's coming from my life. ... A lot of the tracks have [come from ideas] where I would take an idea from one of the guys that I'm working with and try to put it together with a different sound that I had in my head, or with someone else. ... [I] just try to get people to collaborate who are not really used to working together and to get something different from me." (MTV)
His new "Don" single premiered online a few week ago.
Nas comes back with a vengeance on "The Don," the heavy-hitting single off his upcoming 10th album. Produced by Salaam Remi, Da Internz, and the late Heavy D ("Heavy D gave this beat to Salaam for me to rap to"), the reggae-flavored tune features Nasty Nas in top form, touting tough bars over a rasta hook. Welcome back "The Don." (Rap-Up)
In February, he broke the news of his album's long-awaited completion.
"Ayo Jung! Ya Bday comin!! We goin in. 5 days NONSTOP!!! Plus we celebrating my LP being WRAPPED!!!!!!," he tweeted February 23rd. (Nas' Twitter)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment