Thursday, April 19, 2012

Nas Recalls Ending Jay-Z Feud, "The First Thing Jay Said To Me Was..."

With his VH1 "Behind The Music" special slated to air later this week, a new teaser has been released online showing Nas explaining his reconcilation with Jay-Z despite a publicized rap beef.

Crediting former Island Def Jam executive L.A. Reid for getting them back together, Nas recalled his first interaction with Jay since their early 2000's war of words.
"We went down to the studio, man, daped each other up and started laughing," Nas said about reconciling with Hov. "Then the first thing Jay said to me, man, was 'You aight?' And I guess he heard about my mom passing, beyond everything else, he looked at me and said, 'Yo man, you aight?' I said, 'Yo, this is a beautiful start right here.'" (VH1 Behind The Music)
In December, Nas revealed if he ever mentions "Ether" around Jay since they have since squashed the beef and collaborated on various songs together.
"That's what hip-hop has always been. We have our own. It's a culture thing. It's a community thing, but it's also a young people thing, and it's also, it's just the way. It's the way things are. That's how it's always been in hip-hop," Nas said. "[Do me and Jay talk about 'Ether?'] Not really. I mean, I think right now anybody who's made it from the '80s era, the '90s, got into hip-hop and still stickin' around and still here, still feelin' great about life... I think that's enough. I think anybody today, any peer of mine is just appreciative of the life that we've made for ourselves. We didn't know anything. We didn't know that this was gonna be the outcome, that we'd be around at this time doing what we're doin'. I think everybody's just on that page." (XXL Mag)
Despite the series featuring high-profile artists like Pitbull and Game, Nas said he was unsure if "Behind the Music" was right for him.
""It was tough. I didn't want to do 'Behind the Music,' " Nas admits, reflecting on his decision to go through with the taping. "I didn't. But at some point, if you don't tell your story, somebody else will. So I gave them a little peek inside. It can't hurt, just a little peek inside." (MTV)
This week, VH1 released a ten-minute teaser for Nas' special.
The documentary will also take fans on a walk through Nas' upbringing along with younger brother Jungle being interviewed for several parts of the documentary. During the 10 minute preview released earlier today, Nas outlines the importance of has his mother by his side, and what she meant to him. With his father performing on the road frequently, it was inevitable that Nas would grow close to his mother, "My mom was real you know. She was someone who was there to take care of me and my brother. Really be there for us and really be concerned for us. We had furniture, we had color tv, my friends had no furniture. My mom made home cooked meals, I'd be at some of my friends house and they'd be starving." (This Beat Goes

No comments:

Post a Comment