Friday, July 29, 2011

50 Cent Blames Jay-Z For Delayed Kanye West Collabo, "I Don't Know If It'll Actually Happen During This Time Period"

G-Unit leader 50 Cent has plans to link back up with his former 2007 Nielsen SoundScan opponent Kanye West, however, the producer's work with Jay-Z has held up the progress.
50 said their inability to link up has been due to Ye's current obligation.
"Yeah we talked about it, both of us; and Kanye went on the radio and talked about us collaborating soon," 50 said in an interview. "I don't know if it will actually happen during this period, because of how much they got going on with Watch the Throne, with him and Jay doing that. I don't know...I have a lot of good ideas for it, and I just put 'em on the side and said, 'We'll see what happens,' and I kept doing other things -- I have too many records right now. I recorded to the point that I have 40 songs for a CD that will have 13, maybe 14 cuts." (MTV)
In May, the G-Unit rapper said he wanted West to appear on his new album.
"The usual suspects. I want to get with Kanye on this album. See if we can come up with something," 50 revealed in an interview. "I didn't work with [Dr.] Dre yet. I wouldn't hold my project up for [Dre production], but I want to get in to do it. It's always a process. I also worked with Swizz Beatz on this one." (VIBE)
In 2007, 50 told SOHH he would no longer write music if West's Graduation outsold his Curtis solo album.
"If Kanye West sells more records than 50 Cent on September 11th, I will no longer write music. I'll write music and work with my other artists, but I won't put out any more solo albums. And I bet when Kanye West's sales come in, he's gonna have a 70 percent decrease because Def Jam is gonna buy records to keep him close to 50 Cent. So watch the first week and watch the second week and watch his a** fall off the planet." (SOHH)
West's album heavily outsold 50's project in September 2007.
Kanye West's "Graduation" (Def Jam) easily leads the star-studded class of Sept. 11 releases, posting The Billboard 200's largest sales total in more than two years. Nielsen SoundScan will show West's album moved 957,000 during its first six days when the tracking service refreshes its charts tomorrow morning (Sept. 19). Also pumping album volume are 50 Cent's "Curtis" (G-Unit/Interscope), which will lock down the No. 2 slot with 691,000 sold. (Billboard)

No comments:

Post a Comment